The Andrew Vaughn LF Thread

hi8is

6 minutes ago, tray said:

Especially if they make a trade.  Vaughn looks like the primary trade target for teams that are talking to Hahn right now. Vaughn has raked against Minnesota and Detroit pitching which has peaked interest in him from other teams.

The Sox desperately need middle relievers if they are going to win close play-off games. Marshall, Heuer, Bummer, Crochet can , at times, be a shit show. Kopech will greatly help, if he stays healthy. Even then, we still need at least one more set-up guy or even another Closer type.

The Sox are not trading the #3 pick of the 2019 draft for a middle reliever.

You trade Vaughn, you better get back a TOR starter/first division regular with at least 3 years of control.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Especially if they make a trade.  Vaughn looks like the primary trade target for teams that are talking to Hahn right now. Vaughn has raked against Minnesota and Detroit pitching which has peaked interest in him from other teams.

The Sox desperately need middle relievers if they are going to win close play-off games. Marshall, Heuer, Bummer, Crochet can , at times, be a shit show. Kopech will greatly help, if he stays healthy. Even then, we still need at least one more set-up guy or even another Closer type.

I love what Sheets has done so far. He clearly has power, sees the ball pretty well, and can cover the outside of the plate. I hope the Sox  keep him in case he turns into a monster LH bat, which is what the Sox look for every off--season.  We may have that guy right now. Maybe he can even play RF like Vaughn plays Left - put your heels a few feet in front of the warning track so almost everything that gets hit  is in front of you.

When Robert and Engel are both back there is no doubt in my mind that Eaton is the odd man out.  Money might keep him through this year... but I doubt it.  Sheets has the look of a guy not intimidated by the major league game.

14 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That couldn't have possibly happened. @CaliSoxFanViaSWside said Andrew Vaughn doesn't offer a damn thing, he is disgusting, terrible and putrid, can't hit, field or run. Open your eyes Balta and stop blindly supporting Vaughn.

Ho hum. You tried this exact post in the late night game thread and I ripped you a new asshole and a few people came to my defense. Seems like it's personal . You didn't like me calling you out on your amateurish use of defensive stats . You told me I had dozens or hundreds of posts just like this one yet  you post the same one twice. The only thing you did here is bold difference parts of the posts. I used a quote for another poster who said the exact same thing I did and you are not attacking him.

The only difference between me and him is he said Vaughn is far and away the worst hitter we have against RHP but he wanted to play him every day and I didn't . I'm not going to put as much effort into this one. Have a happy and safe 4h of July !

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ho hum. You tried this exact post in the late night game thread and I ripped you a new asshole and a few people came to my defense. Seems like it's personal . You didn't like me calling you out on your amateurish use of defensive stats . You told me I had dozens or hundreds of posts just like this one yet  you post the same one twice. The only thing you did here is bold difference parts of the posts. I used a quote for another poster who said the exact same thing I did and you are not attacking him.

The only difference between me and him is he said Vaughn is far and away the worst hitter we have against RHP but he wanted to play him every day and I didn't . I'm not going to put as much effort into this one. Have a happy and safe 4h of July 

Dude, your assessment of Goodwin defensive ability based on sprint speed, or Vaughn bringing “nothing to the table”, and your attempt to backtrack on your ludicrous positions over the past month or two continues to be a complete joke.

The White Sox are playing Vaughn everyday, the same opinion shared by just about everyone here, because he is the superior option.

You may take solace with your being backed by the Saltine/Platoon brigade, gotta have something to cling to in life. Take care, and try not to blow off your tiny fingers this weekend.