Sign in to follow this  
hi8is

The Andrew Vaughn LF Thread

3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Eloy would have combusted on that play.

I can't imagine Eloy not making any of those plays in the no-hit game, although he might have had the "deer in the headlights" initial reaction to the Jose Ramirez liner and let it get over his head somehow.

What's weird is that Vaughn has probably exceeded my expectations as a fielder, but has been disappointing at the plate. He has a good approach and sees pitches, but he can't hit fastballs in the zone.

39 minutes ago, tray said:

It may soon come down to whether you want Vaughn or Mercedes as our full-time DH. Pick one.

Between Eloy, Vaughn and Mercedes, Vaughn appears to be the best defensive LFer even though he had never played there before.  The question should be who will be DH, Yermin or Eloy.  Now I expect Yermin to come back down to earth by then, but if he's still raking, I'd stick with Yermin for the rest of the year.  Figure out what to do over the offseason.  This of course assumes Vaughn is hitting well.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man
  • Haha 2

I do not think we have seen enough Vaughn yet to conclude that he is better than anyone out there. Let's withhold judgment on him as a hitter and as an outfielder until we see more of him.  TLaR is giving Vaughn the chance to prove himself.

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

His defensive “gem” is actually a routine fly ball to the warning track for most MLB outfielders, which he isn’t. This just highlighted he’s playing out of position which probably contributes to his lackluster plate appearances. 

Oh give me a break man it was a good play by any standard.

33 minutes ago, tray said:

I do not think we have seen enough Vaughn yet to conclude that he is better than anyone out there. Let's withhold judgment on him as a hitter and as an outfielder until we see more of him.  TLaR is giving Vaughn the chance to prove himself.

The Fenway wall will be fun this weekend.  Eloy might have put some dents in it w his body. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

The Fenway wall will be fun this weekend.  Eloy might have put some dents in it w his body. 

Lol why did I laugh so hard at that.

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Oh give me a break man it was a good play by any standard.

Yeah it wasn't super difficult to get there as he was playing deep already and the ball was hanging up a long time but the wall was well timed. 

5 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Eloy would have combusted on that play.

Lotta cheap shots at Eloy for a Vaughn thread.  His routes weren't that bad.  All right, coming in on a short ball you may have a point.

56 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Yeah it wasn't super difficult to get there as he was playing deep already and the ball was hanging up a long time but the wall was well timed. 

Maybe I’m already used to seeing Eloy flub plays like that and break his pinky every other day.