3/27 | White Sox vs Rockies | 3:10PM CT | MLB.tv/MLBN/AT&T SportsNet RM

Tnetennba

Strange. I called MLB TV yesterday to say my app was  going off during commercials and they told me my new 4k Android Smart TV from a cheap maker wasn't on the list on manufacturers that are approved and the app could be acting up because of that. They told me to get an Amazon Fire Stick. I wasn't in any hurry to spend $50 . I tune in today and my app has a brand new look and everything works fine. Coincidence or maybe the free period ended since the season is so close but glad its working again right again for now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Strange. I called MLB TV yesterday to say my app was  going off during commercials and they told me my new 4k Android Smart TV from a cheap maker wasn't on the list on manufacturers that are approved and the app could be acting up because of that. They told me to get an Amazon Fire Stick. I wasn't in any hurry to spend $50 . I tune in today and my app has a brand new look and everything works fine. Coincidence or maybe the free period ended since the season is so close but glad its working again right again for now.

Yeah the app was not working well for me either on my ps4, then all of a sudden it updated and it works fine now.

Side-note: I have Metro by T-Mobile, and in the past Metro customers never were able to receive T-Mobile Tuesday deals. Well I just got a notification saying we can, and on this coming Tuesday they are doing the free MLB.TV deal. I already paid for the season, but I wonder if I can cancel it, get my money back, and restart it through Tmobile Tuesday for free lol.

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

watching the replay of the game

Robert looks totally fucked in the box.  That first AB, WOW. Worried about him, ngl.

It looks like they’ve backed off on hitting him 2nd, which is good. Our 6 thru 9 hitters to start are going to be extremely lacking in major league experience. Just have to let them play and hope they’re good.

Edited by flavum

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Was that the AB he looked at every pitch ?

His first ab he looked at seven pitches and maybe two called strikes looked questionable. The ump was calling high strikes but getting suckered on low framing as well. 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

His first ab he looked at seven pitches and maybe two called strikes looked questionable. The ump was calling high strikes but getting suckered on low framing as well. 

lol, there were 3 very hittable pitches he could've taken to right field in that AB

let's not start blaming the ump for this one

Robert is up there looking to pull damn near every pitch

1 minute ago, pcq said:

Right I thought the calls were fine. I was just thinking maybe he specifically went up there to just see pitches. Maybe it was his way of getting in the box and just not swinging so much. Sounds silly I know but it's ST you're swinging and missing a bunch  so start looking at pitches more.  Everyone was worried he never take any walks and he swings and misses a bunch but he does seem to back off his aggressive tendencies when he's a little too impatient at the plate.

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

lol, there were 3 very hittable pitches he could've taken to right field in that AB

let's not start blaming the ump for this one

Robert is up there looking to pull damn near every pitch

I'm not sure you understand the concept of spring training or doing things differently in an AB sometimes in ST.

57 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

watching the replay of the game

Robert looks totally fucked in the box.  That first AB, WOW. Worried about him, ngl.

You realize statcast had those strikes as balls right? Took the count to 3-0. Germain got one strike then the other two were actual balls . Had a ground out and a double. So if it wasn’t for human error he would have a walk and a double. Anyone worried about spring training is a meatball ngl 

41 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Right I thought the calls were fine. I was just thinking maybe he specifically went up there to just see pitches. Maybe it was his way of getting in the box and just not swinging so much. Sounds silly I know but it's ST you're swinging and missing a bunch  so start looking at pitches more.  Everyone was worried he never take any walks and he swings and misses a bunch but he does seem to back off his aggressive tendencies when he's a little too impatient at the plate.

Statcast had only one actual strike in that at bat. He should have walked and had a double today. Realistically that’s not that bad. It takes experience to realize this ump sucks and to expand a little. But I’d rather him strike out on balls then start expanding to swing at everything 

1 hour ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

You just described like 75 percent of Sox fans lol

If the white Sox would like us to avoid over panicking on spring training, perhaps they would like to avoid 10 year playoff droughts and maybe make a World Series once every 15 years.