Sign in to follow this  
Orlando

Here we go again- Sox in talks with Puig and Cespedes per Hector Gomez

14 minutes ago, quickman said:

Hector seems to be the mouth piece of aging Latin veterans. He is fake news, made up news . 

Well, except Machado.

19 minutes ago, quickman said:

Hector seems to be the mouth piece of aging Latin veterans. He is fake news, made up news . 

#MAGA!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d rather have anyone in baseball over Billy Hamilton as my everyday LF, with the only exception being scumbags like Puig.

It is hard to imagine Hamilton making the team. He is what he is at this point. Too bad rosters aren't bigger. He hasn't hurt his cause since he came to the Sox . He still can't steal 1st base but when he does get on he steals almost every time.He's also taken a decent amount of walks since arriving and seems like he really disrupts the pitchers when he's on 1st. He's stolen 5 bases and advanced once on a bad pickoff throw. That's already 6 times he's gotten to 2nd when he's on 1st via a walk or force out. He's also played very well in the OF. I know that doesn't help his meager OPS but it's like he turns a walk or HBP into 2 bases consistently . He might be the most valuable guy on the bases in MLB. He's gotten on base at a .429 clip so far. SSS

Not to stray too far from the topic, but it would be nice if the FO's "frugality" was really a strategy for reserving funds so they can replace the inevitably injury loss with someone other than a dumpster dive. 

10 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

Not to stray too far from the topic, but it would be nice if the FO's "frugality" was really a strategy for reserving funds so they can replace the inevitably injury loss with someone other than a dumpster dive. 

I like the glass-half-full mindset, but if they hadn’t dumpster dove with Eaton in the first place the loss of Jimenez wouldn’t hurt so much. Doesn’t make much sense to reserve funds for when nobody worthwhile is available. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

I was thinking the same thing. Years of cheaping out should lead to flexibility to add premium talent when it comes available and add to salary to cover for injuries. With the Sox it leads to neither.

• Like 2