3/28 | White Sox vs Diamondbacks | 3:05PM CT | NBCS Chicago / ESPN1000/MLB.tv

Tnetennba

• bmags pinned this topic
1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Where's Lucroy been? Feel like his playing time has fallen off precipitously. Maybe giving Collins and Yermin a shot to duke it out for that DH spot, get them more ABs?

100% this. I think Lucroy and Collins are a lock with Vaughn at LF 50% of the games. I think the question is will NIck Williams make the roster? He has played well this spring and could get LF time IF they are not comfortable with Vaughn.

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Where's Lucroy been? Feel like his playing time has fallen off precipitously. Maybe giving Collins and Yermin a shot to duke it out for that DH spot, get them more ABs?

I’m not a big fan of keeping back both  Lucroy and Hamilton on the roster once Engel can return. I’d be ok with both gone once Engel can return and they can bring in a fifth outfield capable of hitting, which Hamilton is not.

You can get a fill in from one of the dozen tanking teams for either. I see it likely they keep Lucroy all year, really fear they keep Hamilton and this Katz guy (Turley) all year as well. What I would go with, keeping Vaughn at DH / 1B, at least once Engel can return.

C 1B DH Abreu, Collins, Grandal, Vaughn.

2B 3B SS Anderson, Madrigal, Moncada, Mendick (Prefer Yolmer - he’s available).

OF Eaton, Engel, Garcia, Robert, + (FA)

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• Heads22 changed the title to 3/28 | White Sox vs Diamondbacks | 3:05PM CT | NBCS Chicago / ESPN1000/MLB.tv
2 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Maybe showcasing Collins?  😈

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, someone said he had a noodle arm and from what I could tell it looked perfectly fine.

He pitched a little in the past, and could hit the 90’s reportedly. His arm isn’t weak. I was just surprised it was relatively accurate given how quick he got rid of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Great frame job by Collins!

Man, I really hope Collins makes the team as the backup C/DH. He's looked so good offensively this spring. 

Thats a picture of him with your kid I take it?

• Like 1

Just now, ron883 said:

Man, I really hope Collins makes the team as the backup C/DH. He's looked so good offensively this spring. 

Thats a picture of him with your kid I take it?

Yup, that’s him with my younger son a couple years back at SoxFest.  Dude was super nice and I’ve been a huge fan of his despite his known flaws.  I really hope he gets a shot and cements himself as some sort of long-term piece, whether as our backup catcher or regular DH.

• Like 2

I’ll give La Russa some credit, he makes all his responses about the players and not himself.  And he clearly realizes how lucky he is to come into a group like this.  I obviously won’t endorse his off-field issues, but I’m really hoping he can be everything Ricky wasn’t when it comes to the in-game stuff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Starting his swing way too early, yet he’s behind on the fastball.  It’s ugly right now

Careful, a select few will be quick to scold you for putting any stock into something you saw during spring training