Which player will play the most innings in Left Field for the 2021 Chicago White Sox?

South Side Hit Men

Which player will play the most innings in Left Field for the 2021 Chicago White Sox?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. The poll is your prediction as to who will play the most innings in left field. It is NOT a referendum on your preferred LF option. Poll closes before first pitch Opening Day.

• Adam Engel
    • Leury Garcia
    • Andrew "Wild Thing" Vaughn
    • Field Wager - Player currently (3/28/21) in White Sox Organization (Micker Adolfo, Luis Gonzalez, Billy Hamilton, Blake Rutherford, Nick Williams, other)
    • Cuban Free Agent or Trade Acquisition (Yoenis Cespedes, Yasiel Puig, other)
    • Non Cuban Free Agent or Trade Acquisition

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2021 at 02:00 AM

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If no one grabs the bull by the horns the Sox might have to make a trade  or see who was DFA'd before ST ends . Would waiver claims be considered a Non Cuban Free Agent  or Trade acquisition ? If not you need another category.The answer to this question may not be answered until we pile up the stats at the end of the season.

For the purpose of the poll, a successful waiver claim (with or without a trade component) would be considered an FA/Trade acquisition.

I agree it will take at least a month or two, possibly into the second half before knowing the ultimate answer. That is why I thought it was an interesting poll question discussed on the radio broadcast yesterday.

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Vaughn seems like an obvious 1st choice but how long will it last ? New position plus non Spring Training pitching is quite a load to bear. Leury is a pretty good bet since he will make the team but he is better as a RH hitter so not ideal against RHP . Engel should get time once he is healthy  . Williams is a bit of a long shot since he may not make the team and if he does might not be there when Engel comes back, but might be the best LH option who could provide some pop. Hamilton is a dynamo on the bases and a valuable fielder but the stick doesn't play .

If no one grabs the bull by the horns the Sox might have to make a trade  or see who was DFA'd before ST ends . Would waiver claims be considered a Non Cuban Free Agent  or Trade acquisition ? If not you need another category.The answer to this question may not be answered until we pile up the stats at the end of the season.

I would plan nothing around Leury except the bench and the IL. 

4 hours ago, macsandz said:

Engel OPS'd .837 vs RHP last season. 

I am aware. It was 58 plate appearance sample buoyed by a BABIP far above his career norms. He struck out 27.6% of the time and walked 3.3% of the time 

Over the course of his career he has a .588 OPS against RHP. 

• Like 1

There isn't anyone on this current roster that can or will compensate for Eloy's loss of offense production. 

And of course Reinsdorf won't be proactive and aggressive and look elsewhere.

It ain't in him. 

The goal is second place and keep the base thirsty and teased.

Lordy, I'll  be glad when the Reinsdorfs and the McCaskeys are gone.

Eloy is a DH.

That's been crystal clear from all the time he lost due to his outfield misadventures last year.

This organization (fragile egos and all)  has to face that reality or risk destroying his career.

The Sox won the Q trade.

They can put that to bed.

Cease may be on track for a breakout season.

Eloy is not, nor will he ever be a competent defensive player. If he was,  it would have taken a hell of lot more than Q to have landed both him and Cease. 

Ironically, had St. Theo signed him for an AL team, Eloy would be the DH. 

If Eloy makes it to Cooperstown, it will be because of his bat. 

However, I have my doubts this doofus front office will allow him to even make it through a season unscathed.

Edited by GradMc
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GradMc said:

The goal is second place and keep the base thirsty and teased.

Lordy, I'll  be glad when the Reinsdorfs and the McCaskeys are gone.

Yet you'll still come back year after year after year, singing the same song and dance, won't ya?

Edited by ScooterMcGee
Clarification
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

With two games to go:

1. 720 1/3 Innings Andrew "Wild Thing" Vaughn (Also Top SoxTalk Choice 33 votes)
  2. 287 Innings Field (Eloy Jimenez is the winner among several players in the "Field" category 2 votes)
  3. 110 2/3 innings Leury Garcia (Leury was needed elsewhere 5 votes)
  4. 84 1/3 innings Jake Lamb (Leader among post March 29 "non Cuban" acquisitions 9 votes)
  5. 17 innings Adam Engel (sad season for Adam 21 votes)
  6. 0 Innings Cuban-American Romy Gonzalez played 7 innings for the White Sox in LF, but was already in the organization and part of the "Field" voting option (1 vote).