Yermin may have made the team..

Drake Is Our Leader

And I feel like this happened last year when it was really just about him making the Schaumburg group or 3 group fo traveling players?

But if he did make it, what a cool story. Reminds me a bit of our own Astudillo, just this longtime minor league guy who bounced around, did some things extraordinarily well but didn't look or fit the part of the whole job.

That's cool. Baseball is cool.Here's to Yermin hitting the 35 day mark and getting the mlb pension.

• Like 2

Hmmm.  Seems hard to believe as I would imagine Collins and Lucroy are ahead of him on the pecking order.  Carrying 4 catchers?  Doubt it.  I guess they could cut Lucroy, but with Collins and Yermin both iffy at best receivers, seems unlikely.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hmmm.  Seems hard to believe as I would imagine Collins and Lucroy are ahead of him on the pecking order.  Carrying 4 catchers?  Doubt it.  I guess they could cut Lucroy, but with Collins and Yermin both iffy at best receivers, seems unlikely.  

maybe its more that our DH is now our true LF to start the season until Engel gets back, but man they are asking a ton from leury.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

maybe its more that our DH is now our true LF to start the season until Engel gets back, but man they are asking a ton from leury.

If Vaughn is our new LF, how are they asking a ton of Leury?  If Vaughn remains the DH, I would agree that expecting Leury to be a near everyday player in an OF corner isn't going to end well.  Its also not like Leury is the epitome of health either.   

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

If Vaughn is our new LF, how are they asking a ton of Leury?  If Vaughn remains the DH, I would agree that expecting Leury to be a near everyday player in an OF corner isn't going to end well.  Its also not like Leury is the epitome of health either.   

Because leury would essentially be the backup to so many positions.

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not to mention iffy as hitters. They have raked some in spring training for sure, but they rub me as the types that struggle for a few months at the plate and are then sent down. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Not to mention iffy as hitters. They have raked some in spring training for sure, but they rub me as the types that struggle for a few months at the plate and are then sent down. 

Lucroy without a doubt is a worse hitter than both.  That's unquestioned.  His catching is better.  I think we need the bat now more than the defense with Eloy out.  Gimme both bats.

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

There's no place for Yermin as much as I like the guy. Leury makes the squad as the primary backup infielder . Does Vaughn not make OD roster ? The last few spots on the OD roster are shaping up to be quite a drama.

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There's no place for Yermin as much as I like the guy. Leury makes the squad as the primary backup infielder . Does Vaughn not make OD roster ? The last few spots on the OD roster are shaping up to be quite a drama.

Vaughn LF, Collins DH vs RHP + primary backup C.  Yermin DH vs LHP + when Grandal sits and Collins catches.  With Eloy out, both having can work.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Lucroy without a doubt is a worse hitter than both.  That's unquestioned.  His catching is better.  I think we need the bat now more than the defense with Eloy out.  Gimme both bats.

I think Yermin and Collins should stay up unless a better alternative arrives, but if they struggle i think they get sent down. I don't think we will give them time to figure things out unfortunately. Lucroy seems to have an in with the pitching staff so maybe he stays. But he can't hit a lick, so with Eloy out I agree with you that the bat is more important. 

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Vaughn LF, Collins DH vs RHP + primary backup C.  Yermin DH vs LHP + when Grandal sits and Collins catches.  With Eloy out, both having can work.

I still think Lucroy makes the roster.  No way Collins should be catching games when lefties are on the opposing mound.  I guess Yermin could catch those games instead of Collins with Leury in LF until Engel comes back.