Sox Sign Jake Lamb

Bob Sacamano

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yoan Moncada is incredibly soft.  This has absolutely nothing to do with Covid last year.  He gets a complete pass for everything to do with last season from me.

But the dude acts like he's seriously injured frequently.  Foul ball off his shin, hit by pitch, diving for a ball, etc.  Always acts very hurt.  I agree Moncada is a super elite athlete and I am not really bad mouthing him.  I love the guy.  But he's charmin soft.    

2 days ago he lined a foul ball off his shin and on the next pitch hit the ball 450 feet. Seems pretty tough to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Timmy U said:

2 days ago he lined a foul ball off his shin and on the next pitch hit the ball 450 feet. Seems pretty tough to me.

Yeah that was cool.  Look guys - I like Moncada alot.  But he acts hurt all the time.  Agree to disagree if you want, but its a rarity when he goes a week of playing everyday without acting seriously hurt.  This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who watches most Sox games.  Regular occurrence. 

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who is Beckman?  

Tim Beckham?  Maybe.  My guess is he's no longer with the org in a few weeks.  Regardless, Tim Beckham playing extended innings at 3B this season would be disaster.  

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

I was surprised how little (any?) spring training PT he got. Marco Hernandez has been playing a ton, as Williams. So, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants out for a better opportunity.

Beckham is suspended for the first 31(?) games of the year. Sox like him as the backup to TA if TA goes down. I am not sure on the number of games Beckham is suspended but 31 is the number that comes to mind.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Yeah, but they just signed a guy to a guaranteed MLB deal who has only played 3 positions and the team doesn't really have a need at any of them, so seems like something is up.  

If anything, Lamb grabs an OF glove. He's the fringe MLB'r so he needs to be open to it.

17 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Beckham is suspended for the first 31(?) games of the year. Sox like him as the backup to TA if TA goes down. I am not sure on the number of games Beckham is suspended but 31 is the number that comes to mind.

I did not know that, thank you.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who is Beckman?  

Tim Beckham?  Maybe.  My guess is he's no longer with the org in a few weeks.  Regardless, Tim Beckham playing extended innings at 3B this season would be disaster.  

Sorry, typo. Of course I meant Tim Beckham.

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yoan Moncada is incredibly soft.  This has absolutely nothing to do with Covid last year.  He gets a complete pass for everything to do with last season from me.

But the dude acts like he's seriously injured frequently.  Foul ball off his shin, hit by pitch, diving for a ball, etc.  Always acts very hurt.  I agree Moncada is a super elite athlete and I am not really bad mouthing him.  I love the guy.  But he's charmin soft.    

Clemente did the same stuff. You cannot trust these guys (Unicorns).