Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DoUEvenShift

3/30 2:10PM CST Sox @ Rockies FINAL ST Game

Recommended Posts

2 more K's for Cease. He's up to 11.  Fell behind Joe and gave up a single on a pretty good pitch.  83 pitches, 56 strikes through 5.  Not too many non-competitive pitches with the fastball or slider.  Knuckle curve has not been great.  Barely thrown the change.  He's got a really good game plan working.  Hopefully, whatever he found in the fifth inning of his last start sticks into the regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cease and Rodon pitch like this in the regular season then I will forever hate Don Cooper

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

2 more K's for Cease. He's up to 11.  Fell behind Joe and gave up a single on a pretty good pitch.  83 pitches, 56 strikes through 5.  Not too many non-competitive pitches with the fastball or slider.  Knuckle curve has not been great.  Barely thrown the change.  He's got a really good game plan working.  Hopefully, whatever he found in the fifth inning of his last start sticks into the regular season.

Bauer's fb spin averages 2300 rpm . Cease just spun a heater at 2600 😳

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Cease done for the day 5.1 6 hits 0 bb's 11 k's

Love that BB to K stat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

If Cease and Rodon pitch like this in the regular season then I will forever hate Don Cooper

I've hated him for quite a few years now but there's plenty room on board for ya.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final.  Rockies 2 Sox 1.  Cease pitched great.  Concern about the post-Eloy line up, but pitching seems strong.  On to the regular season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s get this season on let’s goooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but what's Bauer's fastball carry vs Cease's? 

Giolito's fb has about the same spin as Bauer's. Cease has more spin but worse carry. I thought Cease and Lopez had similar fb carry. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, but what's Bauer's fastball carry vs Cease's? 

Giolito's fb has about the same spin as Bauer's. Cease has more spin but worse carry. I thought Cease and Lopez had similar fb carry. 

The kid hits 100 when he wants and has pretty good off speed stuff. Fastball carry? Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't mind the home run as long as he looks poised and confident. He will allow runs but if he avoids the dreaded walks he will be a good pitcher. 

 Bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

The kid hits 100 when he wants and has pretty good off speed stuff. Fastball carry? Lol

It matters. They're all over Cease's fastball when it's in the zone. Lopez had the same problem before his arm fell off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It matters. They're all over Cease's fastball when it's in the zone. Lopez had the same problem before his arm fell off. 

The kid just fanned 11 guys in a half of game and it matters? Lol sure whatever you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It matters. They're all over Cease's fastball when it's in the zone. Lopez had the same problem before his arm fell off. 

Would you prefer a million walks, no control, and them being all over his fastball? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Would you prefer a million walks, no control, and them being all over his fastball? 

Nope, but I think that high spin doesn't necessarily result in high carry. 

Carry is more deceiving to hitters. 

Stuff=how hitters react to it. Break, velo, spin rate doesn't matter as much as the hitters not being able to pick up the ball. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nope, but I think that high spin doesn't necessarily result in high carry. 

Carry is more deceiving to hitters. 

Stuff=how hitters react to it. Break, velo, spin rate doesn't matter as much as the hitters not being able to pick up the ball. 

Ask the 11 hitters he fanned today how his carry was. Lol next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nope, but I think that high spin doesn't necessarily result in high carry. 

Carry is more deceiving to hitters. 

Stuff=how hitters react to it. Break, velo, spin rate doesn't matter as much as the hitters not being able to pick up the ball. 

Carry matters but there are also guys with good fastballs without great carry (cutters, sinkers). They are not as common as 10 years ago but there are still successful pitchers like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dominikk85 said:

Carry matters but there are also guys with good fastballs without great carry (cutters, sinkers). They are not as common as 10 years ago but there are still successful pitchers like that. 

Cease isn't a sinkerballer. Carry matters for 4SFB guys, of which Cease is one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cease isn't a sinkerballer. Carry matters for 4SFB guys, of which Cease is one. 

Cease spent all off-season working on his 4 seamer and trying to remove its cutting action, so I’d wait & see him pitch before saying his carry hasn’t improved.  11 k’s through five is a promising sign, even if just spring training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cease spent all off-season working on his 4 seamer and trying to remove its cutting action, so I’d wait & see him pitch before saying his carry hasn’t improved.  11 k’s through five is a promising sign, even if just spring training.

Colorado might be almost as bad as Pittsburgh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, runtheballdown said:

Ask the 11 hitters he fanned today how his carry was. Lol next

A few exhibition games is hardly room to gloat. He looked just as amazing in an intrasquad game last year. A full season worth of good pitching would help the Sox immensely. Don't get too carried away with what you think you know and the same applies to Jack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

It matters. They're all over Cease's fastball when it's in the zone. Lopez had the same problem before his arm fell off. 

11 strike out And still not happy Jesus you will never be happy. Just leave already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×