2021 BOLD predictions thread

Balta1701

2 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I honestly am starting to think this website is just a circle jerk for negative people to stroke their egos and ruin what’s supposed to be a positive season for everyone.

It's not.  Offseason is tough every year round these parts.  Nobody likes being stuck in a room with me for 6 months 😂 

Jerry convinces La Russa to drive one of the Chevy convertibles during the Opening Day ceremonies to prove he is a changed man.  Tony loses control of his Camaro ejecting Southpaw before crashing into the visitor dugout ultimately injuring Salvy Perez.  Gene Honda drops a hard F-Bomb on the PA, lights a cig and continues on with the introductions while La Russa is yelling something about Nick Madrigal.  Angel Hernandez ejects Tony for lowering his mask to scream.  Thunderstruck.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

Man, I was going to come in here and say Ruiz is going to have a better season than Kopech. This is a really spicy meatball.

I was inspired by the Cease for Cy Young article. All bold predictions are always stuff like "mookie betts will be better than mike trout this year" and it's like okay, but those are two great players. Gimme this chex mix bold and spicy, not cheddar crunch.

45 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't agree, as Trout probably has it locked up but I think YoYo is a finalist. 

Mine is that Robert hits .255 with a .320 OBP but hits 35+HR and has a ridiculous slugging percentage. 

Robert prolly should bat 5th this year if thats the case. 

1.) Zack Collins proves worthy of being a No. 10 overall pick. (It sure would be nice if he got off to a nice start. I'm rooting for him. Glad he made the team).

2.) Sox pitching staff actually fares very well and Tony masterfully figures roles in the bullpen quickly.

3.) Jose Abreu shows slight decline from last year but still produces well. Should be at the stage of his career he's the veteran face of the franchise and people forgive a slight decline.

4.) Anderson/Moncada/Robert carry the team hitting-wise.

5.) Loss of Eloy which really saddens me actually improves Sox defense considerably. As much as I hate to say it, he's a mess out in left field. This last injury proves when he comes back he either moves to first base or is DH forever. If he won't DH it may require a trade of either Eloy or my fave, Abreu. I don't think Jose wants to DH either.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1