2021 BOLD predictions thread

Balta1701

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

1.) Zack Collins proves worthy of being a No. 10 overall pick. (It sure would be nice if he got off to a nice start. I'm rooting for him. Glad he made the team).

2.) Sox pitching staff actually fares very well and Tony masterfully figures roles in the bullpen quickly.

3.) Jose Abreu shows slight decline from last year but still produces well. Should be at the stage of his career he's the veteran face of the franchise and people forgive a slight decline.

4.) Anderson/Moncada/Robert carry the team hitting-wise.

5.) Loss of Eloy which really saddens me actually improves Sox defense considerably. As much as I hate to say it, he's a mess out in left field. This last injury proves when he comes back he either moves to first base or is DH forever. If he won't DH it may require a trade of either Eloy or my fave, Abreu. I don't think Jose wants to DH either.

Way to be bold!

Madrigal wins the AL batting title rather easily.

Eloy homers in his first game back, only to go back on the IL that same day.

Dunning outperforms Lynn.

Eaton outperforms Springer.

Edited by Snopek
Formatting nightmare
  • Haha 3

With 2 outs in the 9th inning of game 5 of the World Series Nick Madrigal hits a walkoff 2 run home run to clinch a world series victory. However upon appeal it is determined that Yasmani Grandal missed the bag when rounding third base and is called out resulting in a White Sox loss. The Sox go on to lose the series in 7 games. 

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Based on what I see around here I'd say it is, lol.

Literally does not qualify based on the first post in the thread.

U want to be bold? Bring it. Tell us they'll win 76 games and that will earn LaRussa a contract extension. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Literally does not qualify based on the first post in the thread.

U want to be bold? Bring it. Tell us they'll win 76 games and that will earn LaRussa a contract extension. 

1/4 of the posts don't qualify.

Hendricks leading the lead in saves and Bummer leading in holds ?  Timmy being MVP and Moncada top 5 in MVP just to name a few. Timmy came in 5th last year in MVP votes and Moncada got MVP votes in 2019. We got some wet noodle ideas about the definition of bold even after your qualifier.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hendricks leading the lead in saves and Bummer leading in holds ?  Timmy being MVP and Moncada top 5 in MVP just to name a few. Timmy came in 5th last year in MVP votes and Moncada got MVP votes in 2019. We got some wet noodle ideas about the definition of bold even after your qualifier.

Stop belaboring my points please 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't agree, as Trout probably has it locked up but I think YoYo is a finalist. 

Mine is that Robert hits .255 with a .320 OBP but hits 35+HR and has a ridiculous slugging percentage. 

If the idea is to make a bold, outlandish type prediction why would someone expect to be agreed with from anyone ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

yeah but I was pretty specific that "a close race between the Twins and the White Sox" doesn't count. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I didn't question you unceasingly on your stance . They just aren't bold according to Balta's criteria. Also unless Vaughn is extended very soon . I will be right about that too that an extension wouldn't be coming before Opening Day.

It was just a joke, like my bold prediction was with its dances for dubs ending

Sox win at least 105 games

Jose Abreu has a better season than last year in like all categories and wins unanimous MVP.  

Dane Dunning is exposed as pure trash and not even a viable 5th starter option for any team outside of the Pirates and nobody admits that maybe I was right that the Sox goal of the offseason was to sell high on Dunning. 

In 2021, Nick Madrigal will lead the league in OBP, Batting Average, and mound-chargings.

To open the 2nd Half, Madrigal will end Verlander's career by charging the mound, after Verlander senselessly brushes him back in the 1st game after the ASB. The ensuing melee will finish up with Madrigal facing off against Jose Altuve in a MLB bantamweight title bout.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

In 2021, Nick Madrigal will lead the league in OBP, Batting Average, and mound-chargings.

To open the 2nd Half, Madrigal will end Verlander's career by charging the mound, after Verlander senselessly brushes him back in the 1st game after the ASB. The ensuing melee will finish up with Madrigal facing off against Jose Altuve in a MLB bantamweight title bout.

The boldest part of this is Verlander being on the mound in July.

• Haha 3

95 wins

they win the central

Giolito wins 19, not 20 lol 😝 and finishes 2nd or 3rd in the Cy young, tough competition in the AL for the CY young

Lynne comes through big time

Liam and Bummer the best 1-2 punch out of the bullpen in both leagues 

Rodon is a decent 5th starter but just a placeholder for Crochet or Kopech 

Cease wins 13 or 14  

Dallas does well 

our bullpen with Tony will be the envy of baseball 

I’ve waited for a season like this since 2006

34 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Sox win at least 105 games

Jose Abreu has a better season than last year in like all categories and wins unanimous MVP.  

Dane Dunning is exposed as pure trash and not even a viable 5th starter option for any team outside of the Pirates and nobody admits that maybe I was right that the Sox goal of the offseason was to sell high on Dunning. 

I'm going to go the other way, and say that Dunning establishes himself as a solid mid to back end starter and makes everyone wish they didn't trade him, while Lynn disappoints and goes back to the guy he always was before his brief performance uptick.

Dallas Keuchel is awful(Shields bad) and people are lamenting his contract by June 15th.  Sox continue to throw him out there to get lit up because dollars, and it ends up costing them a playoff spot. 

Rodon finally shows why he was the 3rd pick in the draft, just in time to go get paid elsewhere. 

Cease shows signs of improvement. Better K%, fewer walks but ERA/FIP around 4.00.

Kopech and Crochet don't get enough innings out of the bullpen to get stretched out next year, making them both pretty much career relievers.  

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Fire 1