2021 BOLD predictions thread

Balta1701

Disagree with you (Parkman). Dallas will not be Shields. He’ll be fine. BUT if you are correct we have Kopech and Crochet waiting in the wing BUT not stretched out enough to be effective starters this years. If you are correct about Dallas we are possibly just a wild card team. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lynn disappoints and goes back to the guy he always was before his brief performance uptick.

You mean the guy who put up a 3.57 era from 2011-2018? Or the guy who put up  the exact same 3.57 era from 2019-2020? I’m confused here

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

You mean the guy who put up a 3.57 era from 2011-2018? Or the guy who put up  the exact same 3.57 era from 2019-2020? I’m confused here

I mean the guy that is worth 2.5-3.5 WAR and not the guy that was worth 6.7 in 2019. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm going to go the other way, and say that Dunning establishes himself as a solid mid to back end starter and makes everyone wish they didn't trade him, while Lynn disappoints and goes back to the guy he always was before his brief performance uptick.

Dallas Keuchel is awful(Shields bad) and people are lamenting his contract by June 15th.  Sox continue to throw him out there to get lit up because dollars, and it ends up costing them a playoff spot. 

Rodon finally shows why he was the 3rd pick in the draft, just in time to go get paid elsewhere. 

Cease shows signs of improvement. Better K%, fewer walks but ERA/FIP around 4.00.

Kopech and Crochet don't get enough innings out of the bullpen to get stretched out next year, making them both pretty much career relievers.  

Rub one out brother and life will be better

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Rub one out brother and life will be better

You must have missed the part where I said that Moncada is an MVP finalist and Robert hits 35+ HR and slugs .580+ while playing GG level D in CF. Oh and Giolito wins the AL Cy Young, and Rodon shows us why he was the 3rd pick in the draft in 2014, staying healthy and striking out 180+ batters with a 3.50 or lower ERA. 

The glass is both half full and half empty. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Larussa being named Manager of the Year. I'm not being sarcastic. Taking the premise of the boldest prediction I believe could happen,  that is it. 

To earn it he guides the team through a serious rough patch in early September and clinching the division. 

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You must have missed the part where I said that Moncada is an MVP finalist and Robert hits 35+ HR and slugs .580+ while playing GG level D in CF. Oh and Giolito wins the AL Cy Young, and Rodon shows us why he was the 3rd pick in the draft in 2014, staying healthy and striking out 180+ batters with a 3.50 or lower ERA. 

The glass is both half full and half empty. 

I did miss that and am glad there is some optimism in you my friend!  Now, next time I randomly run into you at a game I expect you to accept offer of a free beer or two!

20 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I mean the guy that is worth 2.5-3.5 WAR and not the guy that was worth 6.7 in 2019. 

I like how both your bold predictions and your regular thoughts are negative. You are either crazy or severely damaged lol do you talk to anyone outside of the internet? And how do they stand it 

21 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

To be fair, if Lynn puts up those numbers... It would become a bad trade. 

200+ innings and a 3.5 era would result in a bad trade? I don’t think so. This just shows the flaws in WAR. No way 2019 was a significantly better season than for example 2014 when he had a 2.74 era in 204 innings

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

200+ innings and a 3.5 era would result in a bad trade? I don’t think so. This just shows the flaws in WAR. No way 2019 was a significantly better season than for example 2014 when he had a 2.74 era in 204 innings

When the potential counter part (Dunning) could potentially put up 160 innings at 4.0 PLUS an extra 6 years of control. yeah.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I like how both your bold predictions and your regular thoughts are negative. You are either crazy or severely damaged lol do you talk to anyone outside of the internet? And how do they stand it 

You must have missed the positive Rodon, Robert, Moncada and Giolito predictions. 

I've never been a fan of Keuchel and Lynn. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

In terms of long term starter depth, Dunning would be around 5-7 range. Giving that up for a bridge to that depth for a clearly superior pitcher without having to include far greater prospects when the Sox have reached their window is well worth it

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Vaughn leads the Sox in walks

Moncada leads the Sox in all 3 triple crown categories

Twins finish in 3rd place

Cubs finish in 4th place

At least one of Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Pederson, and Arrieta finish the season on the Sox

Bryant would be miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty useful

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Larussa being named Manager of the Year. I'm not being sarcastic. Taking the premise of the boldest prediction I believe could happen,  that is it. 

To earn it he guides the team through a serious rough patch in early September and clinching the division. 

If they win the division I think he’s a lock. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Your severe aversion to pessimistic comments on an Internet message board is quite odd, but I’ll refrain from speculating on whether you’re “crazy or severely damaged” because it’s none of my business.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Parks, leagues, and time periods do matter though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1