2021 BOLD predictions thread

Balta1701

Madrigal bats over .340 and wins the GG at 2B

Moncada and Robert both go 30/30

Rodon has a career year pitching 191 innings with a 3.62 ERA / 2.66 FIP / 2.95 xFIP good for 5.6 fWAR and a K/9 of 9.44

Collins establishes himself as a better catcher than Yermin and the heir apparent to Grandal all the while batting .266/.385/.451 with 24 HR

1 hour ago, beautox said:

Rodon has a career year pitching 191 innings with a 3.62 ERA / 2.66 FIP / 2.95 xFIP good for 5.6 fWAR and a K/9 of 9.44

Collins establishes himself as a better catcher than Yermin and the heir apparent to Grandal all the while batting .266/.385/.451 with 24 HR

And thus the Sox finish 120-42?

9 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Six Sox make the All-Star Game (which will not be played in Atlanta): Giolito, Bummer, Robert, Abreu, Moncada, and Anderson; with Anderson, Abreu, and Moncada starting and making a very White Sox AL starting infield. 

Eloy will return and have a home run before August 15th. But Engel and Eaton will be so solid, both in the field and batting, that Eloy will be made into a DH with some very rare playing in left field (but it will happen to make Eloy happy and when the Sox play an NL team and can't have a DH) And when a ball is hit his way, 60% of Sox fans watching at home will turn away from their TVs in horror and fear of what might happen. 

Vaughn will be very solid with his bat, but not good enough, to get an everyday spot in the line up due to Engel's ascension and raise tough decisions for Sox management this next winter. 

As solid as Eaton is next year, during his Minor League season, Yoelqui will leave no doubt that he is the starting RF for 2022. 

And finally, Avi Garcia will have a great year for Milwaukee so I can continue to come on here and b**** about the Sox releasing my favorite player and say "I told you so" to all the people who didn't want the Sox to pony up the $6 million measly dollars it would have taken to keep him here. And so I can tell all you A-HOLES who wanted him gone that I hope you burn in hell for all eternity. . . . . . Oh . . . . Sorry . . .  so sorry, that one just comes out of me every now and then. 

Where do you think the HRD/ASG are ultimately played? I saw someone propose Charlotte as an option

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Man, I hope so

Obviously a few things would have to happen to make it come true, but I don't even know how bold it is. 

1. The Sox wanted Joc, and have for quite some time. Some reports out there that they wanted him to do a strict platoon with Engel which is why he didn't take the Sox offer (which was better than the Cubs)

2. I really don't know if Eaton is going to work out, and they only made a 1 year commitment to him. 

3. With Eloy out and Vaughn still a question mark (It's Opening Day, lol) both corner spots have openings. 

4. Unless the Cubs surprise everyone.....they will be selling sooner than later. 

Just now, YourWhatHurts said:

Not sure how bold it is, but the Sox upgrade 2b by the deadline.

I think it's a long shot because they'll be good enough to contend but I want Semien back.

Here's bold for you: Sox acquire Javy Baez to play 2B at the deadline... Boom.  

Adam Frazier 

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Obviously a few things would have to happen to make it come true, but I don't even know how bold it is. 

1. The Sox wanted Joc, and have for quite some time. Some reports out there that they wanted him to do a strict platoon with Engel which is why he didn't take the Sox offer (which was better than the Cubs)

2. I really don't know if Eaton is going to work out, and they only made a 1 year commitment to him. 

3. With Eloy out and Vaughn still a question mark (It's Opening Day, lol) both corner spots have openings.

4. Unless the Cubs surprise everyone.....they will be selling sooner than later. 

Did Eaton die?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 11:29 AM, beautox said:

Feelin pretty good about this right now 😄 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 10:42 AM, fathom said:

Adam Engel leads the team in CF appearances

On 3/31/2021 at 10:50 AM, fathom said:

Injury

DAMN YOU!

On 3/31/2021 at 11:37 AM, DoUEvenShift said:

Sox throw a combined no-hitter in April or May

Wasn't combined but Rodon got 'er done.