4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

40 minutes ago, beautox said:

Ahh Opening Day officially the long winter is over. Lets Go!

Officially it was over on the 21st of March. In reality? In Chicago?  Where I'm at?  Who the fuck knows!  Glad they are in LA and not dealing with the typical midwest opening day shit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Officially it was over on the 21st of March. In reality? In Chicago?  Where I'm at?  Who the fuck knows!  Glad they are in LA and not dealing with the typical midwest opening day shit.

If you are going to officially correct the official first day of spring, then I should officially let you know that the official first day of spring this year was March 20. 😜

Remember last year going from "Wow baseball! we've been through so much!" to "ah fuck here we go again" in about 45 seconds when Gio gave up two bombs in two pitches?

I just did, and it's making me chuckle

Edited by mqr
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Remember last year going from "Wow baseball! we've been through so much!" to "ah fuck here we go again" in about 45 seconds when Gio gave up two bombs in two pitches?

I just did, and it's making me chuckle

I believe he only gave up a lead off homer, and then the Twins tacked on 3 more not via the home run. But yes, that sucked. A lot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

If the kid's a starter, let him hear his name get announced on opening day. 

I wouldn’t assume Vaughn is considered an everyday starter at this stage.

I have no problem with easing him in vs. RHP, and keeping him out of LF. If he is adjusting to ML pitching well, his starts against RHP can increase.

Some here are expecting Vaughn to either play 140 + games or sit for service time, don’t believe these expectations are realistic, at least until he gets a month under his belt and proves he ca handle ML pitching, or whether he could use work in AA or AAA.

6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I believe he only gave up a lead off homer, and then the Twins tacked on 3 more not via the home run. But yes, that sucked. A lot. 

Yr right, I don't know why I thought it was two. 

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

I wouldn’t assume Vaughn is considered an everyday starter at this stage.

I have no problem with easing him in vs. RHP, and keeping him out of LF. If he is adjusting to ML pitching well, his starts against RHP can increase.

Some here are expecting Vaughn to either play 140 + games or sit for service time, don’t believe these expectations are realistic, at least until he gets a month under his belt and proves he ca handle ML pitching, or whether he could use work in AA or AAA.

I would really, really hate to burn a full year of service time in this format, and I'd hate to lose games in a competitive season because we feel compelled to play a "top prospect" if we're not 100% sure he's ready. If you're not sure the guy is ready and you have other options you prefer, let the guy work on his OF technique in Arizona or whatever. 

It's just 1 game, but come on, if you're calling up the top draft pick, play him opening day. 

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would really, really hate to burn a full year of service time in this format, and I'd hate to lose games in a competitive season because we feel compelled to play a "top prospect" if we're not 100% sure he's ready. If you're not sure the guy is ready and you have other options you prefer, let the guy work on his OF technique in Arizona or whatever. 

It's just 1 game, but come on, if you're calling up the top draft pick, play him opening day. 

I hear what your saying, just think it will take a few weeks for Tony to get comfortable with playing an unproven rookie near everyday to start the year. He can play the first 20 of 30 games (every game vs LH, a mix against RH), and either play him 5-6 games a week once he is settled or send him down if he needs work.

They still get their “money’s worth” if he plays well over say 120 games, and they still save his service clock if they send him down for work he would have had last year.

Edited by South Side Hit Men