4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

21 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Because his flyball rate was 9%. Luck had nothing to do with it. His cutter forced hitters into driving the ball straight into the ground.

It takes luck to have a zero percent home rate.  I agree his pitches had great movement, that said, there was obviously luck involved.

50 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

The game against KC where he didn't backup Grandal behind the plate and the ball went under Grandal's legs cause he was busy checking out for the dugout for some reason. Made up for it with that walk off though

It's these kinds of plays that drive me crazy about Grandal. I hope he grows on me this season.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It takes luck to have a zero percent home rate.  I agree his pitches had great movement, that said, there was obviously luck involved.

Kind of hard to hit a home run without hitting the ball in the air. Even the fip fanboys must agree with that considering the entire premise of fip is Ks, BB and home runs is the only thing a pitcher controls. Try to find another pitcher with 9% fly ball rate

5 minutes ago, Fernando Tatis Jr said:

Leury Garcia is just another guy that the Sox can’t seem to get out of the lineups, like Yolmer Sanchez and Delmonico. So anyway, what is the strategy  having Garcia batting 6 and Robert 7?

Like how they rushed him back for postseason and he was terrible

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Im guessing it’s just Bundy has considerably worse numbers vs LH.

...but Leury isn’t good vs RHP so 🤷‍♂

Leury seems like a fast starter typically thou

Bundy is definitely better vs. RH. But like you said, it also depends on who's hitting.

2 minutes ago, tray said:

The Angels have a great line-up.  I think the Sox would compare to some degree  if Eloy was in there. Anyway, the Angels are a tough team to start the season against.

Angels fans are saying the same thing about the Sox.