4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

Just now, The Beast said:

I’m glad I worked through the first half of the game and listened to Len and DJ. Not sure what Giolito’s pitch count was but I was curious why they took him out when they did.

They took him out because he was missing his spots and the contact was hard. Very hard.

• Like 1

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

He found another cause to have this year.  It's not the passed ball.  It's not the defense.  It's the pitcher who didn't pitch the ball into the mitts properly.  

he gave up 3 base runners. you seem to be having a difficult time understanding that. 3 base runners; 2 hits, 1 bb. I don't care how hard the ball was hit. you give up 3 base runners in an inning you're going to give up a run. error or no error.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

I’m glad I worked through the first half of the game and listened to Len and DJ. Not sure what Giolito’s pitch count was but I was curious why they took him out when they did.

Madrigal sucked and Grandal let that one go. They looked like me swinging in the ninth inning like they just conceded defeat.

Get through the next six games and if they come home 4-3, I would call that a success. I always have hated west coast trips and always will. Funny that the Angels look like a playoff team but probably won’t win the World Series with this team. Poor Trout.

Taking Giolito out was the right call. He was getting hammered and Trout was up next. 

• Like 1

Just now, RagahRagah said:

Ask anyone. Our lineup is stacked and Eloy missing doesn't make this team any less of a WS contender.

Ask them. They'll tell you. 

Who should I ask.. "Our Chuck".  I think I know more than these people.

Just now, RagahRagah said:

Ask anyone. Our lineup is stacked and Eloy missing doesn't make this team any less of a WS contender.

Ask them. They'll tell you. 

You were too tired to finish the game...but had the energy to come back and post this? On brand, for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Nice depth on this roster that Hahn built again.

I said this yesterday but it’s so disappointing to see the lineup on paper compared to what could have been heading into the offseason.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

he gave up 3 base runners. you seem to be having a difficult time understanding that. 3 base runners; 2 hits, 1 bb. I don't care how hard the ball was hit. you give up 3 base runners in an inning you're going to give up a run. error or no error.

The walk to Upton felt like the real killer.  Trout, you almost expect him to deliver there against a LHP.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Then why are both runs unearned for Bummer? If they aren't earned for Bummer...how is it his fault? Who earned those runs? Nicky? 

lol so colome didn't blow the game today?

part of being an elite reliever is pitching over mistakes. not sure why this is difficult to understand. Bummer will get a BS tonight.

it's amazing to see people defend how bummer pitcher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

They took him out because he was missing his spots and the contact was hard. Very hard.

Just now, chw42 said:

Taking Giolito out was the right call. He was getting hammered and Trout was up next. 

Thanks for letting me know. Like I said guys, I was working so I must have missed that from their broadcast.

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

You were too tired to finish the game...but had the energy to come back and post this? On brand, for sure.

As usual, attack the poster, ignore the point. Par for the course here.

Now people talking about how bad this lineup looks. The flip-flops are just incredible. 

If the loss of Eloy alone makes this lineup BAD then it wasn't that great to begin with. But consistency be dammed.

Being criticized for being too negative all the time and then seeing how these gamethreads play out is so fucking bizarre.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I said this yesterday but it’s so disappointing to see the lineup on paper compared to what could have been heading into the offseason.

If Robert's going like September and NOT August, the Cubs might have a better line-up 1-8.

Also depends on which Abreu/Moncada we get, but Jimenez was a guy you counted on to drive in runs, moreso than anyone else but Abreu.

It also highlights the fact that we need Grandal to be the "very good" and not pedestrian version of himself.

Edited by caulfield12