4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

Just now, Timmy U said:

I believe no outs were made in left field, right?  A couple of singles out there, one of which Leury bobbled.  I’d rather have Vaughn out there and take my chances.

Yep they overthought things today and it backfired.  Collins gonna have to swing a lot quicker if he wants to hit in the majors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

It is 54 (1/3 the season). You're going to win 54, you're going to lose 54. It's what you do with the other 54 that matters. 

Ah, I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Offense got very little going tonight.

Bad play by Nicky but Bummer needs to be better than that. 

Upton walk hurt.

The ump really burned Bummer on at least 2 calls. Whole different AB if he doesn't miss the fastball right down the plate.

• Like 1

Just now, RagahRagah said:

As usual, attack the poster, ignore the point. Par for the course here.

Now people talking about how bad this lineup looks. The flip-flops are just incredible. 

If the loss of Eloy alone makes this lineup BAD then it wasn't that great to begin with. But consistency be dammed.

Being criticized for being too negative all the time and then seeing how these gamethreads play out is so fucking bizarre.

All these posts from sleep are impressive. Good to know your REM version is miserable as well.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

I believe no outs were made in left field, right?  A couple of singles out there, one of which Leury bobbled.  I’d rather have Vaughn out there and take my chances.

I don’t think we have a choice.  We need both Vaughn & Collins against RHP and there is no other option short of a trade.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Madrigal completely fucked us tonight...I get errors happen, but you have to get at least one out in that situation.

Why is it always that when we lose a close game, it's always because Madrigal fucks up some routine shit? If it's not him making an error on defense, it's him running into outs on the bases. For someone who was touted for his good sense of the game it's absolutely infuriating.

• Like 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

I just hope the HR robbery attempt in ST was worth it, because having to watch Collins/Leury in the lineup this year, makes me nauseous.

Robert’s at bat in the 9th was so easy to see coming... Collins actually just missed a homer....

but yea. Absolutely.

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

As usual, attack the poster, ignore the point. Par for the course here.

Now people talking about how bad this lineup looks. The flip-flops are just incredible. 

If the loss of Eloy alone makes this lineup BAD then it wasn't that great to begin with. But consistency be dammed.

Being criticized for being too negative all the time and then seeing how these gamethreads play out is so fucking bizarre.

They literally replaced one of the best sluggers in baseball with a crappy, slappy utility player.  Not only do we lose his production, but now Grandal moves up in the order to provide no protection.

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

All these posts from sleep are impressive. Good to know your REM version is miserable as well.

Still waiting for you to address the point and stop being a troll. If not, then go elsewhere.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

The ump really burned Bummer on at least 2 calls. Whole different AB if he doesn't miss the fastball right down the plate.

Good point...ump was also bad all night.

Just now, chw42 said:

Why is it always that when we lose a close game, it's always because Madrigal fucks up some routine shit? If it's not him making an error on defense, it's him running into outs on the bases. For someone who was touted for his good sense of the game it's absolutely infuriating.

It totally is.  And I’m not going to write him off anytime soon, but he’s got to figure his shit ASAP.  Costing us runs on the bases and in the field will quickly negate the value of his hit tool.