4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It totally is.  And I’m not going to write him off anytime soon, but he’s got to figure his shit ASAP.  Costing us runs on the bases and in the field will quickly negate the value of his hit tool.

And it's not like his hit tool makes him all that valuable since he has almost no power potential. If he's gonna have value he's gonna need to be at least average on defense.

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

One game. One damn game. This is still the best team in the central and its way past your bed time

Yes. One damn game and everyone is losing their mind. I'm actually not one of them. But thanks for (not) trying.

Thanks for being so concerned about my sleep. Troll.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

I'm a little concerned that Luis Robert is actually not that great at hitting.

He smoked that ball earlier in the game and scored the first run of the game with his speed.

But that at bat in the 9th...yuck.

LaRussa just said they did not challenge within 20 second limit so they were too late to challenge on Nick’s stolen base in 7th inning........unreal 

Edited by Soxfest
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

I mean that's all fine and dandy Tony, but you would've lost the challenge anyways going into the 8th. This wasn't in the 4th inning here. It was literally no risk. That is on him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

On the positive side, Moncada looked fantastic... with the bat and glove. Looking like his '19 version. He is going to be a very important player this season.

I would argue he’s the best player on the team, which is great to see.

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Why is it always that when we lose a close game, it's always because Madrigal fucks up some routine shit? If it's not him making an error on defense, it's him running into outs on the bases. For someone who was touted for his good sense of the game it's absolutely infuriating.

I'm glad this is no longer the minority opinion. God I wish that Corbin Burnes trade went through

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Should have known to challenge anyways due to situation.  Blaming it on that is dumb.

Agree, but that's still pathetic that the Sox can't get the challenge in.

As an aside I remember madrigal on 1st in the last spring training game I saw and he was like one pussyhair from getting picked off multiple times.  I bet madrigal-related incidents are going to get us out of a lot offensive opportunities this season.  I expect pickoffs, cs, more base running blunders, etc.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I still want to know why La Russia didn’t pitch hit for Leury with Vaughn, Mercedes, & Lamb on the bench and Hamilton able to pinch run and slide into LF if need be.  I’m greatly concerned Tony is going to his old veterinarian friend for analytical data.

Did you see Robert vs Iglesias?  He murders righties.