4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I remember it as Heuer + Madrigal + Kelley but could be wrong

What's crazy is that they actually went out and signed Wong, who is pretty similar to Madrigal. So that trade definitely had some legs.

15 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It's only one game for sure, but I'm just not sure Collins is the answer at DH. Especially if Vaughn and Robert have struggles at the plate. 

I didn't think Collins looked that bad, tbh

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Crochet and Madrigal for Burnes and Narvaez would have been perfect 

Perfect replacement after they auction off Hader to the highest bidder. 

Really wishing we had McCann over Grandal and Hendriks' money back to spend on this suddenly vulnerable offense. 

Really comes down to Vaughn passably playing LF without hurting or embarrassing himself out there. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

My point stands. Why does a lower ceiling then Yoan remove his right to take time to grow?

Yoan took a fucking year and a half. This kid has played about a third if a season and this site is ready to lynch his house.

It's fucking stupid and a double standard. 

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we are a playoff expected team, the little fundamental mistakes are expected to be executed at this point regardless of the players experience/caliber. I’m not on either side, just saying what I think other people think.

Just now, fathom said:

Leury should be 3rd

Leury is our bench guy.  If he's out there at the end of the game with the bat then that's not on him.  

Overall the offense didn't show much.  The problem was the defense.

Hawk: first rule of baseball is catch the baseball.  Mercy.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If everyone can't laugh a little bit at the fact the bullpen was saying their goal was to go undefeated with a lead after the 7th before the season started, only to blow the first game of the year, then you're not doing fanhood right.

I still don’t get why you’re giving Nick a free pass here?  Bummer wasn’t spectacular, but he got the pitch he needed to have two outs prior to facing Trout and Madrgial fucked it up.  It’s really not fair to expect to pitch around that with two great hitters coming up.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If everyone can't laugh a little bit at the fact the bullpen was saying their goal was to go undefeated with a lead after the 7th before the season started, only to blow the first game of the year, then you're not doing fanhood right.

Don’t think anyone is laughing that the offense only scored 3 runs and the same players who committed numerous defensive lapses last year continued to do so in a crucial part of the game. But yes it’s only one game so fuck it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I still don’t get why you’re giving Nick a free pass here?  Bummer wasn’t spectacular, but he got the pitch he needed to have two outs prior to facing Trout and Madrgial fucked it up.  It’s really not fair to expect to pitch around that with two great hitters coming up.

Bummer wasn’t good, but he also wasn’t awful.  Walking Upton was bad.