4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Is this a few months?

How long did Moncada get? So because because ceiling is lower that means time to improve is not allowed for both?

Come on, man.

Yoan is an all-world talent that everyone knew was raw. Madrigal is a maxed-out slappy hitter that is supposed to be polished.  There’s a huge difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Is this a few months?

How long did Moncada get? So because because ceiling is lower that means time to improve is not allowed for both?

Come on, man.

As long as we don’t mind missing the playoffs this year like we didn’t in 2018 for Moncada, that reply is fine.

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

He is a lazy catcher.  The balls that get past him are not complex pitches that are moving like crazy.  He just loses concentration and it just gets past him.  

Can we trade Grandal for McCann straight up? Slightly joking...

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

pitchers call the games, not catchers.

Wait, what.  I must of missed this in college.  You mean I could of called the game.  Fuck me.  I did it wrong.  The guy dressed up in armor kept signalling me with fingers.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

He is a lazy catcher.  The balls that get past him are not complex pitches that are moving like crazy.  He just loses concentration and it just gets past him.  

part of being an elite framer - the best in the game by many accounts - relates to being vulnerable to passed balls at times. It's not lazyness, it's how you have to receive the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

part of being an elite framer - the best in the game by many accounts - relates to being vulnerable to passed balls at times. It's not lazyness, it's how you have to receive the ball.

The term catcher in the name implies what he is supposed to do.  They don't call the position framer.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Wait, what.  I must of missed this in college.  You mean I could of called the game.  Fuck me.  I did it wrong.  The guy dressed up in armor kept signalling me with fingers.  

yes, pitchers throw the pitches they want to throw. hence how they shake off catchers. blaming a catcher for a pitch a pitcher decided to throw is literally hilarious. not surprising you were a pitcher; they love to blame everyone else for their decisions.

• Like 1