AL Central 2021

flavum

Ozzie knew/knows.

http://mlb.mlb.com/content/printer_friendly/min/y2006/m08/d19/c1618497.jsp

"The way they pitch, watch out. This team beats you so many ways. You wake up, they look like little piranhas. ... All of a sudden, you wake up, (looking at left arm) you ain't got no meat -- all those little piranhas. A blooper here, a blooper there, beat out a ground ball then the first baseman hits a home run. Then they're up by four. How the [heck] are they up by four? Then you're down four with that pitching staff, that bullpen? Sit down and look at the lineup. Those little piranhas."

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That roster from 2002-2006 and this one have very little in common.

Back then, they had the best defense, bullpen and speed to take advantage of the Metrodome.

Arraez would fit on that roster, and Simmons, and Buxton, but the core is big bopper power hitting and a front two of Berrios and Maeda,

23 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Twins home game tonight against Boston has been postponed due to expected continuation of unrest due to a police shooting of an unarmed suspect in the Minneapolis suburb of Brooklyn Center.

The game was supposed to start at 12:10. They called it right around game time.

3 hours ago, flavum said:

The game was supposed to start at 12:10. They called it right around game time.

Not sure if we can count on Sox/Twins getting postponed in mid-May...but the most optimal strategy would be to get many games as possible rescheduled post-Jimenez return.

A bit reminiscent of the Orioles/White Sox game played in front of an empty stadium.

Twins' game at Anaheim just got postponed because of COVID protocols. They have some possible cases on their team. 

When I saw it got postponed, the first thing I checked for was the weather in Anaheim. Because I don't remember the last time it rained in SoCal. 

3 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Alex colome is a dumpster. Remember when people complained about the Hendriks contract?

I don’t think a lot of people were comparing Colome to Liam and saying they were equal. I think the complaints were about allocating what limited “funds” we have for 3 (4) years at the closer position. 

3 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Alex colome is a dumpster. Remember when people complained about the Hendriks contract?

Last I checked, he doesn't have anything resembling a $50+ million commitment.

Royals weaponizing Jarrod Dyson in the late innings again, recalls the glory days with him and Gore swiping 2nd and getting bunted over and sacrificed/FC'ed in.

KC is a lot better than I thought they would be, largely on the strength of Merrifield, Perez and Santana.  Soler really hasn't even gotten heated up yet.

• Haha 1