2021 MLB Catch-all Thread

flavum

Bellinger homer taken away for passing Turner on the bases. 
While they’re changing a bunch of rules, how about this— when the ball goes over the fence, it’s a homer and all of the runners score. The jogging around the bags is just a formality. 

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

If Gritty pinch hit for Madrigal in the 7th the White Sox are 1-0.

(seriously who the heck is in that costume where they can pull off BP that well, while dressed as Gritty???)

This was great. Thanks for sharing 

Braves Sign Yolmer Sanchez, Carl Edwards Jr., Jesse Biddle To Minor League Contracts

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/04/braves-sign-yolmer-sanchez-carl-edwards-jr-jesse-biddle-to-minors-contracts.html

Was hoping the Sox would sign Yolmer for his versatility over Jake Lamb, who is a waste of a roster spot.

Lamb's been toast since 2017, and can only cover 3B, though I suspect Tony is keeping him around for "DH insurance" and a LH PH as well.

6 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

I’m a Mets fan, but this is complete bullshit.

I don’t believe players should be able to wear those pads. Guys like Rizzo and Bonds entered the strike zone with their stance for years with no consequences because of all that padding. They’d think twice if they face a possible broken elbow every time they put their arm into the Strike Zone.

11 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I watched it live, that was complete horseshit. Marlins should file a protest

The MLB rule on protests states, " No protests are permitted on judgment calls by the umpires."

However, the HBP rule clearly states, " Strikes supersede hit-by-pitches, meaning if the umpire rules that the pitch was in the strike zone or that the batter swung, the HBP is nullified." The umpire's judgment as to balls and strikes can't be questioned, but he admitted that the pitch was a strike, so this falls into the category of misapplication of a rule and not umpire judgment.

Back to the protest rule, " If the play in question ended the game, a protest can be filed with the league office until noon the following day."

• Like 1

The umpire has already admitted he messed it up at least.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/umpire-ron-kulpa-mets-marlins-hit-by-pitch-1.50208955

Kulpa, in an interview with a pool reporter from Newsday after the game, didn’t say if he felt awful or not.

But he did admit he blew the call that allowed the Mets to win their home opener.

"The guy was hit by the pitch in the strike zone," Kulpa said. "I should have called him out."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1