2021 MLB Catch-all Thread

flavum

Cowboy Joe West awarded $500k in a defamation suit against Paul LoDuca. LoDuca claimed Billy Wagner told him Joe was giving him an extra 3 to 4 inches because Wagner let Joe use his car. Turns out Cowboy Joe never umpired a game with LoDuca catching and Billy Wagner pitching. LoDuca told this lie on a radio show. What an idiot.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Atlantic league will be experimenting with a pitching rubber 1 foot farther back and a double hook DH, where you lose your DH once you yank your starter. So if your starter gets lit up and you fall behind, you lose your DH, more reason for people to go home because they think the game is over.

I just wanted to say that the Dodgers are very fortunate to play most of their games in average to above average/beautiful weather

just checked their schedule as of today, going back to OD and they have yet to play a game where the temp wasn't at least 69 degrees

midwestern/north east teams really do have a disadvantage early on, if they play a lot of low temp games (anything under 45⁰ F) 

this is something that isn't talked about enough imo

On 4/14/2021 at 3:19 PM, Dick Allen said:

The Atlantic league will be experimenting with a pitching rubber 1 foot farther back and a double hook DH, where you lose your DH once you yank your starter. So if your starter gets lit up and you fall behind, you lose your DH, more reason for people to go home because they think the game is over.

That double hook dh is the dumbest shit...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I just wanted to say that the Dodgers are very fortunate to play most of their games in average to above average/beautiful weather

just checked their schedule as of today, going back to OD and they have yet to play a game where the temp wasn't at least 69 degrees

midwestern/north east teams really do have a disadvantage early on, if they play a lot of low temp games (anything under 45⁰ F) 

this is something that isn't talked about enough imo

I think it should be mandated that all new  parks built in cold weather cities should have retractable roofs. It's so stupid that Target Field in Minnesota, which was built in 2015, doesn't have one.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He was basically limping and got 2 bases to help get the tying run in. 

A superstar that hustles?

My kind of dude. I still don’t get my people we’re all over Harper. Machado has been the better player. 

4 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

A superstar that hustles?

My kind of dude. I still don’t get my people we’re all over Harper. Machado has been the better player. 

Harper fits this team way better. I would have loved to sign Machado back in 2019, but Harper just makes more sense for the Sox. We need outfielders and guys who can hit righties. Harper fits that mold perfectly.