2021 MLB Catch-all Thread

flavum

Teams closing in on the all time record for most pitchers used in a ML season (Current Record Holder - 2019 Seattle Mariners - 42).

1. 39 New York Mets
  2. 38 Arizona Diamondbacks
  3. 37 Toronto Blue Jays & Chicago Cubs
  4. 36 Tampa Bay Rays & Milwaukee Brewers
  5. 35 Baltimore OriolesSeattle Mariners & Los Angeles Dodgers

Edited by South Side Hit Men

9 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Haven't heard much about the greatness of the Padres recently from Caufield!

Starters injured:

Clevinger, Morejon, Paddack, Darvish, Lamet, Arrieta (well, that doesn’t matter so much)

They would have been better off this season just holding onto Quantrill.

On fumes right now.  Gore hasn’t progressed as expected and Snell the rare example of a pitcher getting worse in the NL.

Weathers got hurt as well and not the same pitcher since return, plus running into new territory with IP.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, flavum said:

Nola 18 up 18 down vs Padres. 63 pitches.

Would be sad or cool if his brother broke it up.

23 hours ago, flavum said:

Nola 18 up 18 down vs Padres. 63 pitches.

Would be sad or cool if his brother broke it up.

Went down to the final batter in the 9th (Cronenworth), Girardi just pushed him too hard...

The way things have worked out with the Padres this year, can easily make the argument they would have been better off holding onto Quantrill and Patino.  Hindsight of course being 20/20.

Edited by caulfield12

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Gettin' Miggy with it. 

138 HRs in five seasons with the Marilins

362 HRs in his fourteenth season with the Tigers.

Miggy, among other accomplishments, won the Batting Title 4 times.  Stud.  Hawk loved him.  He was fun to watch.  I still remember his rookie year at Miami in World Series playing right field.  He looked like he was 12.  But he could hit, and he made it look easy.

• Like 1

I don't follow the NBA, but saw the video of Giannis buying 50 chicken nuggets after winning the championship. He seems like a cool guy.

He just became the first new part owner of the Brewers since Selig's 2005 sale to Attanasio.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bucks-antetokounmpo-joins-brewers-ownership-223458108.html

the two-time NBA MVP said he wanted to team up with the Brewers to show his support to the city of Milwaukee.

''Milwaukee made me who I am today,'' said Antetokounmpo, who signed a supermax contract extension with the Bucks in December. ''It made me a better person. This is basically my home. I've become a father here. I've become a leader here. I've become a champion here, and I want to be involved. I want to be involved in the community as much as possible. I know Milwaukee invested a lot in me, and I want to invest a lot of me back into the city of Milwaukee.''

Edited by South Side Hit Men