4-2 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:38 PM CT)

TheTruth05

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Eloy is a beloved teammate with a serious injury who may miss the entire season. Why are so many so butt hurt his teammates are showing him some love?

You confuse “Butt Hurt” with humor. 

RIP Eloy trending is hilarious.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

No one gets more excuses made for him.  It’s pretty simple, Madrigal just has to prove his naysayers wrong.  Last night was Exhibit A for why some of us think he’s mediocre.

"Naysayers" after he's played 33 MLB games lol. The guy could be an All Star and people would still b**** about him. He's polarizing and he always will be. 

• Thanks 1

Ah.. Unfortunately I feel asleep before first pitch last game (good for me as I had to be up at 3am CST), but tonight I get to watch the game. Guaranteeing a WIN for the white Sox tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday (since I get to watch these games). 

2 hours ago, fathom said:

No one gets more excuses made for him.  It’s pretty simple, Madrigal just has to prove his naysayers wrong.  Last night was Exhibit A for why some of us think he’s mediocre.

I’ve been an Madrigal apologist and there is zero excuse for fucking up that play.  He simply needs to be better and until then people can question his non-contact abilities.  Still a really small sample size, but the dumb plays and fuckups are starting to get real frustrating.

1 hour ago, macsandz said:

"Naysayers" after he's played 33 MLB games lol. The guy could be an All Star and people would still b**** about him. He's polarizing and he always will be. 

I really don't think that's the case with Nick. I don't want to speak for everyone....but if Madrigal hits for a high average, shows good defense and plays smart, all things we were told about over and over and over again.....then he met expectations. 

Thus far....he has shown 1 out of the 3. That's not enough for a guy that will probably stay around a .750 OPS. 

I hope we see the other traits come out. He still has plenty of time. But thus far......hasn't been there at the ML level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I really don't think that's the case with Nick. I don't want to speak for everyone....but if Madrigal hits for a high average, shows good defense and plays smart, all things we were told about over and over and over again.....then he met expectations. 

Thus far....he has shown 1 out of the 3. That's not enough for a guy that will probably stay around a .750 OPS. 

I hope we see the other traits come out. He still has plenty of time. But thus far......hasn't been there at the ML level. 

Honestly aside from being annoyed at how bad his baserunning was the only thing I can’t help but harp on is the constant praising of his baseball IQ and instincts when it shows so little. Robert seems like a much more instinctual baseball player but nobody ever praises him for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else super pumped to see Yermin in the lineup tonight?  Feels like the odds he goes deep are ~80%.

I am happy about it not gonna lie. 

• Like 1

Good luck today guys. was happy with my Angels winning but I would be lying if I said a lot of it wasn't just pure luck. That 8th inning was killer. 

Heaney is on the bump so you'll probably light him up. He's not that good.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Honestly aside from being annoyed at how bad his baserunning was the only thing I can’t help but harp on is the constant praising of his baseball IQ and instincts when it shows so little. Robert seems like a much more instinctual baseball player but nobody ever praises him for it.

Exactly, I've been saying this for years -- for as much as Madrigal gets (or got) praise for his high baseball IQ, instincts, work ethic, and so on, Luis Robert has all of that and even more. He has some of the best instincts I've ever seen on the diamond