4-2 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:38 PM CT)

TheTruth05

I was slightly depressed after last night's loss. Just a horrible way to lose.

Great thing about baseball is there's always another game the next day.  Let's bounce back tonight.

Here's to hoping our bullpen can make like our admins and become Lockdown.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Sox at +100 vs a lefty!!

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

IMO, Madrigal needs to do a cycle of steroids if he ever wants to be effective

Yermin's 1st start ever in MLB at DH !! Join me in picking him in the Pick To Click ! Of course it's Vaughn 1st start too so do whatever you desire. I'm going with Yermin .

• Fire 1

Gus's Manifesto:

1) Bunting is stupid and should  be a capital crime except for the times that I post that they should bunt

2) Players should steal more bases but also not get caught (unless they are stealing against our catcher, than they should be caught every time)

3)  Be good to each other (unless the other is a Twins fan. Or an Indians fan. Or a Tigers or Royals fan too. Oh, or a Cubs fan. The Rays knocked us out that one time, they can get fucked too. Oh, Yankees and Red Sox fans of course, and obviously Asterisks fans. Oh dear.

3 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Gus's Manifesto:

1) Bunting is stupid and should  be a capital crime except for the times that I post that they should bunt

2) Players should steal more bases but also not get caught (unless they are stealing against our catcher, than they should be caught every time)

3)  Be good to each other (unless the other is a Twins fan. Or an Indians fan. Or a Tigers or Royals fan too. Oh, or a Cubs fan. The Rays knocked us out that one time, they can get fucked too. Oh, Yankees and Red Sox fans of course, and obviously Asterisks fans. Oh dear.

Fuck Mariners fans too. 

17 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I like this lineup

I do as well, just commenting on Vaughn’s debut in LF and dropping a Vaughn 99 reference.

I’m OK with Andrew playing 5-10 games in LF while Engel recovers. Vaughn should then play DH, and serve to give Abreu and Moncada a breather on their off days (Jake Lamb needs to be released) and focus on adjusting to ML pitching. 

Defensively, Andrew with no experience is still likely an upgrade over Eloy defensively, even if Andrew has trouble learning the position. Eloy is truly “unique” with his -1.9 dWAR after just over a season (168 games) in LF.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

Here’s my annoyance...so we play Leury in LF against a RHP with a pitcher who strikes out a lot of guys in Giolito.  Tonight we bench Leury against his strong side while playing Vaughn in LF with a non-strikeout pitcher in Keuchel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Here’s my annoyance...so we play Leury in LF against a RHP with a pitcher who strikes out a lot of guys in Giolito.  Tonight we bench Leury against his strong side while playing Vaughn in LF with a non-strikeout pitcher in Keuchel.

Very valid gripe, Leury is definitely playing today if he wasn’t shoved in there yesterday to K a few times

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I really don't think that's the case with Nick. I don't want to speak for everyone....but if Madrigal hits for a high average, shows good defense and plays smart, all things we were told about over and over and over again.....then he met expectations. 

Thus far....he has shown 1 out of the 3. That's not enough for a guy that will probably stay around a .750 OPS. 

I hope we see the other traits come out. He still has plenty of time. But thus far......hasn't been there at the ML level. 

It's 33 games - half of which he played with a severely injured shoulder, which required surgery.

The game this season is played at a different speed because it's not played in a morgue like 2020. The crowd matters. 

He'll figure it out. If he doesn't bench him or send him down. I honestly don't really care. 

1 minute ago, macsandz said:

It's 33 games - half of which he played with a severely injured shoulder, which required surgery.

The game this season is played at a different speed because it's not played in a morgue like 2020. The crowd matters. 

He'll figure it out. If he doesn't bench him or send him down. I honestly don't really care. 

He’s played in front of huge crowds in college before.  This isn’t like a high school outfielder trying to judge a fly ball for the first time with an upper deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, fathom said:

But a heavy groundball pitcher.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, fathom said:

It is pretty annoying.  Interested to see who they bench this weekend to get Hamilton’s bum ass in the lineup.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, fathom said:

The question is do you position Vaughn according to the opposing starter or the Sox starter. Or both.