And that’s a White Sox Winner!

bmags

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well hell.   Wasn't one when I checked but took a few minutes to make this and bmags beat me to it.

Classic mistake actually putting real info in instead of typing Yerm and then hitting post

• Haha 2

So damn happy for Yermin. If he never goes 5-5 the rest of his career he'll always have today. I've been talking about him since I asked in a Future Sox thread who he was when he was in A+ ball. I've probably made 100 or more posts supporting him. I always wanted to see him in the top 30 Future Sox prospects but never did. I think MLB Pipeline had him in there for this year.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

Props to Foster...came in with 2 on, nobody out, heart of the order.  He should've given up nothing but even after the error, he K'd the next guy to maintain the lead. 

Agreed. Mercedes, Kopech and Abreu will get the headlines but he was the unsung hero for the team tonight.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

Props to Foster...came in with 2 on, nobody out, heart of the order.  He should've given up nothing but even after the error, he K'd the next guy to maintain the lead. 

It's nice to see him on a different level mentally in his next chance at a big pressure situation.  Sure it's the regular season but it's still Trout, Ohtani, Rendon & Pujols he's looking at.  

Foster on the whole is probably the best RP scouting and player development story the Sox have.  But who knows because Heuer, Marshall, and Bummer are all in that pen as well.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Robert seems to be figuring out how he's being pitched to, that walk was the highlight of the game for me

Sox had three situations where a walk led immediately to multiple runs being scored. Outside of Yoan, the at bats were pretty damn good tonight.

• Like 1

I'm standing by my offseason "Kopech will be the team's best starter as soon as 2023" take, my god he looked amazing. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but aside from thinking he should have had someone warming earlier in the 5th given that Keuchel got shelled in the 4th, I really liked the way TLR managed the pitching in this game. And that's not a thought I've had about a White Sox manager in years

• Like 2