4-3 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:07 PM CT)

TheTruth05

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t want him sitting every third day either, but Collins was scheduled to catch today and I’d like to see Yermin get another start.  Obviously we could kick Collins to the bench but I’d really like to see hit bat tonight as well.

I thought Collins looked comfortable at the plate opening day.  I'm willing to be patient with him...he needs the at bats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Grandal should not be sitting every 3rd day.  If he sits today, that's fine.  But I hope it doesn't become a habit.

Pick a pitcher and that’s when Grandal should sit. 

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Pick a pitcher and that’s when Grandal should sit. 

I'd like to see that as well for Collins, and then perhaps Mercedes can catch a few games to see how he does. I'd also like to see Eaton moved to LF and Engel plays RF, but that's likely not going to happen for awhile. Engel's the much better defender, though Eaton has never played LF, can see Tony waiting on a change like that at least at the start.

I'm OK with the Robert #2 LHP and Eaton/Grandal #2 RHP with Eloy out of the lineup (not that Eloy would bat second, but would prefer Moncada 2nd and Eloy 4th).

RLRSLRRRS Today. Interested to see how Vaughn fares against RHP. Glad it's another night game to allow Yermin to recover from a night of well earned celebration. Hoping we don't see Hamilton or Lamb with starts.

The Angels rotation is about equally as exciting for their fans as a road trip to Iowa to hit up some small town antique stores, featuring an overnight stay in a Red Roof Inn with Little Caesars pizza for dinner.  It's like waiting in line 4 hours for a sandwich from Chick-fil-A.  It's like watching a two hour Kirk Hinrich highlight reel.  I could go on like this for hours. 

17 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

The Angels rotation is about equally as exciting for their fans as a road trip to Iowa to hit up some small town antique stores, featuring an overnight stay in a Red Roof Inn with Little Caesars pizza for dinner.  It's like waiting in line 4 hours for a sandwich from Chick-fil-A.  It's like watching a two hour Kirk Hinrich highlight reel.  I could go on like this for hours. 

Where are you from?  And you’re forgetting Casey’s General Stores brand pizza, lol.

Basically, you could be describing any state going west from Ohio all the way to Denver and SLC if you remove Chicago and Indianapolis...which also gets made fun of.

After having lived in Kansas City for nearly a decade, you can only take so much of long commuting, bbq, fountains and everyone wanting to go to the Plaza when they visit.

That basically just leaves Minneapolis and St. Louis as “decent” cities.

Chicago is one of the great cities of the world, but there’s absolutely nothing between there and the Iowa border.

Iowa is mostly known for friendly people who are (or used to be) willing to do anything for their neighbors...that’s one thing the Midwest has always had going for it.   But when I come back to the States to visit, it seems everyone has gone from size L to XXL.

56 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'd like to see that as well for Collins, and then perhaps Mercedes can catch a few games to see how he does. I'd also like to see Eaton moved to LF and Engel plays RF, but that's likely not going to happen for awhile. Engel's the much better defender, though Eaton has never played LF, can see Tony waiting on a change like that at least at the start.

I like the consistency of the backup catcher working with one pitcher. And good point, it would be nice if the corners had some time in the opposite. 

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Where are you from?  And you’re forgetting Casey’s General Stores brand pizza, lol.

Basically, you could be describing any state going west from Ohio all the way to Denver and SLC if you remove Chicago and Indianapolis...which also gets made fun of.

After having lived in Kansas City for nearly a decade, you can only take so much of long commuting, bbq, fountains and everyone wanting to go to the Plaza when they visit.

That basically just leaves Minneapolis and St. Louis as “decent” cities.

Chicago is one of the great cities of the world, but there’s absolutely nothing between there and the Iowa border.

Iowa is mostly known for friendly people who are (or used to be) willing to do anything for their neighbors...that’s one thing the Midwest has always had going for it.   But when I come back to the States to visit, it seems everyone has gone from size L to XXL.

Hey now, I resemble that comment!

55 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I'm really glad to see both Yermin and Collins in there today. I hate to beat this drum constantly, but I felt like Ricky would give younger/inexperienced guys a day off after a big game, for whatever reason. Not sure we would see Yermin and Collins together in the lineup already. Would probably be Grandal at DH. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Hey now, I resemble that comment!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56343081
There has been criticism of a viral and unverified size chart indicating how much a "BM girl" should weigh according to her height - one example given was that a woman with a height of 160cm should weigh only 43kg.

"There is a popular Chinese saying which means 'a good woman cannot be over 100 jin' which is about 50kg [110lb]," Dr Ke said.

This new BM style trend involves mostly teens and twenty somethings taking pictures of themselves fitting into children’s size clothing (the smaller, the better) from fast-fashion stores and posting picture after picture on social media...

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic