The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

26 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol

This has to be a troll post.

Rick Renteria lost 1 game in 2020 leading after the 7th. 

Tony La Russa has lost 2 games in 2021 leading after the 7th in 3 chances

This thread is praising La Russa bullpen use while slamming Renteria. 

Can't make this shit up.

Were you nervous with our GG maybe best in the game OF making a routine (except in this case it actually was) catch today?

Baseball is a fucked up game. The tired act of knowing everything and telling everyone how to feel and respond on a MESSAGE BOARD is tired. People use these boards for different reasons. I, for one, only post when extremely drunk. Others for cathartic reasons. Some to learn. Nobody needs some know it all jerk-off-in-front-of-the-mirror dork telling people how to feel and respond. 

Edited by Blackout Friday
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 3

16 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Were you nervous with our GG maybe best in the game OF making a routine (except in this case it actually was) catch today?

Baseball is a fucked up game. The tired act of knowing everything and telling everyone how to feel and respond on a MESSAGE BOARD is tired. People use these boards for different reasons. I, for one, only post when extremely drunk. Others for cathartic reasons. Some to learn. Nobody needs some know it all jerk-off-in-front-of-the-mirror dork telling people how to feel and respond. 

Lol so because my opinion is different than the OP that means I'm telling him how to feel? 

How about this, I couldn't care less about your opinion or views and if i want to poke fun at a poster who spent all last year destroying renteria for any loss the sox had and now is praising the manager whose literally been in charge of two blown leads in three games, ill do that and you can go cry to someone else. Good luck with your future drunk pointless posts.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ricky was terrible at bullpen management and if you watched us choke away a division title last year while he had Ruiz pitching in high leverage situations you wouldn’t be make this ridiculous argument.  And I say this as someone who just called Tony out for going with Marshall over Bummer, which isn’t nearly as egregious as some of the moves you & Ricky made last year.

I think you know I dont blame either manager for the losses. Players gotta get the job done, period end of story. 

But you better believe I'm gonna have some fun with the posters who blamed every loss on renteria and are now hilariously praising la russa. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol so because my opinion is different than the OP that means I'm telling him how to feel? 

How about this, I couldn't care less about your opinion or views and if want to poke fun at a poster who spent all last year destroying renteria for any loss the sox had and now is praising the manager whose literally been in charge of two blown leads in three games, ill do that. Good luck with your future drunk pointless posts.

Lol I’ve done the jobs you pretend to be qualified for, but hey you’re the expert. 

7 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Lol I’ve done the jobs you pretend to be qualified for, but hey you’re the expert. 

What jobs do I pretend to be qualified for? I've never tried to work in baseball in my life. 

If my opinions hurt your feelings on the internet that isn't my problem, pal.

I dont ever call myself an expert, I present my opinion like anyone else. I also dont attack people on the internet and then say I was drunk like a 15 year old. 

Edit: thanks for the new signature though. Good for a laugh for sure.

Wow...getting a bit heated in here.

Let’s just hope that we don’t mess up Vaughn.

I know, I know, if he can’t handle having to learn a new position on the fly and completely bypassing the two most challenging levels of minor league ball he’s not as great as he was cracked up go be.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What jobs do I pretend to be qualified for? I've never tried to work in baseball in my life. I work in an industry that actually pays well for analyst skills, weird how that works. 

If my opinions hurt your feelings on the internet that isn't my problem, pal.

I dont ever call myself an expert, I present my opinion like anyone else. I also dont attack people on the internet and then say I was drunk like a 15 year old. 

I agree with your opinions most times. I dislike the condescending tone you use when responding to others. Nobody needs that garbage. And drunk like a 15 year old? Stop playing out fantasies on message boards you’re creeping everyone out. 

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think you know I dont blame either manager for the losses. Players gotta get the job done, period end of story. 

But you better believe I'm gonna have some fun with the posters who blamed every loss on renteria and are now hilariously praising la russa. 

If Ricky was managing this team, Yermin doesn't play tonight and start 8-8. That has been the single most enjoyable part of this season. Even if you ignore that TLR managers circles around Ricky, that alone makes the managerial replacement worth it. 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol

This has to be a troll post.

Rick Renteria lost 1 game in 2020 leading after the 7th. 

Tony La Russa has lost 2 games in 2021 leading after the 7th in 3 chances

This thread is praising La Russa bullpen use while slamming Renteria. 

Can't make this shit up.

Jerry's well funded propaganda media hacks (Jason, Steve, Guillen, Levine, Nightingale, Garfien, et al) on his payroll have been in full force under Dear Leader's orders for nearly a year. Dear Leader will not be denied.

These same three clowns are still trashing Ricky the past week. Get over band camp and focus on Cocoon already.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

I agree with your opinions most times. I dislike the condescending tone you use when responding to others. Nobody needs that garbage. And drunk like a 15 year old? Stop playing out fantasies on message boards you’re creeping everyone out. 

No point in continuing this back and forth, will just say I dont cry and get offended when people rib me (like you rightfully did regarding the luis robert play tonight). Its part of the fun. I talk trash and in a sarcastic manner in all my life. Its literally what makes sports and online receipts/posting fun. If it offends you and others I'd be lying if I said I was sorry, because its never personal, its good old fashion banter. I will say its hard to portray it as well on a forum but Its still all in good fun.

Have a good one.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No point in continuing this back and forth, will just say I dont cry and get offended when people rib me (like you rightfully did regarding the luis robert play tonight). Its part of the fun. I talk trash and in a sarcastic manner in all my life. Its literally what makes sports and online receipts/posting fun. If it offends you and others I'd be lying if I said I was sorry, because its never personal, its good old fashion banter. I will say its hard to portray it as well on a forum but Its still all in good fun.

Have a good one.

You’re so full of shit. You dump on the people that are obviously using this platform for venting purposes. Maybe it makes you feel smart. I don’t know. But don’t act like “it’s all In good fun” or whatever.  It’s lame.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Was something wrong with Codi Heuer yesterday? He didn’t pitch on Friday. Marshall two days in a row against the same part of the lineup he faced on Friday is a pretty odd call unless literally no one else was available.

Also see how the extended outing for Hendricks Friday cascaded. Didn’t use Ruiz in the 9th yesterday when the lead got big, now Hendricks isn’t available on Saturday, now Bummer is saved for the 9th because you gotta have a classic closer, and in the end it becomes a loss.

Other ways that could have gone: 3-4-5 hitters are due up in the 8th, why not use your best reliever then? Or, Marshall clearly was in trouble when Upton came up, the game was tied but not lost, why not use Bummer there? Neither of those are options if your manager thinks your best available reliever must be saved for the 9th, but saving Bummer meant he never pitched.

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Jerry's well funded propaganda media hacks (Jason, Steve, Guillen, Levine, Nightingale, Garfien, et al) on his payroll have been in full force under Dear Leader's orders for nearly a year. Dear Leader will not be denied.

These same three clowns are still trashing Ricky the past week. Get over band camp and focus on Cocoon already.

Ricky, is this you? Coop? 

• Like 1

It’s interesting how I would have understood that game differently if I were frozen in 2011. We’ve got to save our best reliever for the 9th because no one else is mentally tough enough to pitch that inning, and the guy I brought in just didn’t do the job is very much 2011 thinking.

That exact same decision viewed in 2021 is - I lost the game because I let arguably my 7th best reliever pitch in a 1 run game, on his second night in a row, against guys who have $800 million in contracts, while one of the 10 best relievers in baseball warmed up but didn’t come into the game.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Wow...getting a bit heated in here.

Let’s just hope that we don’t mess up Vaughn.

I know, I know, if he can’t handle having to learn a new position on the fly and completely bypassing the two most challenging levels of minor league ball he’s not as great as he was cracked up go be.

They could always send him back to Charlotte when the season starts or at some point.

Edited by manbearpuig

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It’s interesting how I would have understood that game differently if I were frozen in 2011. We’ve got to save our best reliever for the 9th because no one else is mentally tough enough to pitch that inning, and the guy I brought in just didn’t do the job is very much 2011 thinking.

That exact same decision viewed in 2021 is - I lost the game because I let arguably my 7th best reliever pitch in a 1 run game, on his second night in a row, against guys who have $800 million in contracts, while one of the 10 best relievers in baseball warmed up but didn’t come into the game.

Does anybody know why Heuer wasn’t warming up with Bummer yet...?  And whether Hendriks was actually available after 36 pitches the night before?

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Really wish we would have added a corner outfielder to split time in OF and DH in the offseason.

Someone like Rosario or Pederson.  The problem is nobody foresaw (or could they have anticipated?) the Jimenez injury in the front office...at any rate, the White Sox never budget to have positional insurance that costs THAT much.  And Mercedes, Collins and Vaughn might get the job done well enough to get us to August.

Not since the 2006 starting rotation have they deliberately overspent somewhere going into a season.

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Someone like Rosario or Pederson.  The problem is nobody foresaw (or could they have anticipated?) the Jimenez injury in the front office...at any rate, the White Sox never budget to have positional insurance that costs THAT much.  And Mercedes, Collins and Vaughn might get the job done well enough to get us to August.

Not since the 2006 starting rotation have they deliberately overspent somewhere going into a season.

True that no one could foresee the injury, but a lot of people (including myself) wanted a bat.

Edited by manbearpuig