The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

47 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Do we know his actual salary?

More importantly, what is the length of his contract, and Hahn’s contract?

We know Jed (2025) and Ross’ (2023), and knew Theo (2021) and Maddon’s deals (2019). Know the length of every other coach’s deal (Bulls, Hawks, Bears). We knew Ricky’s deal, and his extension given sixty games before he was fired.

Yet crickets for La Russa and Hahn. I don’t recall a single person asking this at his introductory press conference.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Do we know his actual salary?

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

More importantly, what is the length of his contract, and Hahn’s contract?

We know Jed (2025) and Ross’ (2023), and knew Theo (2021) and Maddon’s deals (2019). Know the length of every other coach’s deal (Bulls, Hawks, Bears). We knew Ricky’s deal, and his extension given sixty games before he was fired.

Yet crickets for La Russa and Hahn. I don’t recall a single person asking this at his introductory press conference.

Yeah have we seen official details? Lol is it just on a year to year basis?

For once I can’t complain about the bullpen usage today!

More minor but I don’t like either of the bunts. One big reason to bunt is to avoid strikeouts, so why would you ever sacrifice bunt with Nick Madrigal? You drop the chances of him getting a hit to almost zero in exchange for no change in the odds of a strikeout.

And Eaton hits a 2 run HR last time up, so you let him swing away on pitch 1, put the bunt on for three pitches, then he strikes out swinging away after getting to 2 strikes? At least if you are putting the bunt on, give the guy two strikes, or let him swing away the whole time.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:26 PM, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

I remember a Cardinals team that got swept opening week by a 66-96 Cubs team, capped by an embarrassing SNB loss on national television. 

LaRussa led that club to winning the World Series 6 months later, and the WS MVP was...David Eckstein. 

Week 1 doesn't matter. 

But is that the exception or the rule?

I mean that is quaint and all. But it's 1 example. 

TLR’s big mistake today was putting Williams in to pinch run for Mercedes, leaving no one to substitute for Leury in left field. As a result we got at bats at end of game from Leury and Williams when we could have had Mercedes and Grandal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 5:26 AM, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

I remember a Cardinals team that got swept opening week by a 66-96 Cubs team, capped by an embarrassing SNB loss on national television. 

LaRussa led that club to winning the World Series 6 months later, and the WS MVP was...David Eckstein. 

Week 1 doesn't matter. 

Yes, I know someone will bring up the 15-30 start of the 2005 Astros as well...or even the last four months for the 1983 Chicago White Sox, but those are historical anomalies.

Well, the Braves also just joined the 4-5 club with the Yankees, Rays and Blue Jays.

About the only thing that could cure our ills would be playing the Pirates...although even then the cold weather would somehow mess with our pitching or hitting with RISP.   And the lowly Pirates just took 2/3 from the Cubs.

Edited by caulfield12

I don’t understand why TLR keeps switching the lineups up almost every game. He should just play the strongest lineup consistently and once in awhile give some of the starters some rest. The team needs to get in a rhythm. Something like below. 

RF Eaton

CF Robert

3rd Moncada

1st Abreu

DH Mercedes

C Grandal

LF Vaughn

SS Mendick

2nd Madrigal

When TA and Engel come back.

SS Anderson

CF Robert

3rd Moncada

1st Abreu

DH Mercedes

C Grandal

LF Vaughn

RF Eaton/Engel

2nd Madrigal

Edited by maloney.adam

15 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t understand why TLR keeps switching the lineups up almost every game. He should just play the strongest lineup consistently and once in awhile give some of the starters some rest. The team needs to get in a rhythm. Something like below. 

RF Eaton

CF Robert

3rd Moncada

1st Abreu

DH Mercedes

C Grandal

LF Vaughn

SS Mendick

2nd Madrigal

When TA and Engel come back.

SS Anderson

CF Robert

3rd Moncada

1st Abreu

DH Mercedes

C Grandal

LF Vaughn

RF Eaton/Engel

2nd Madrigal

I'd be surprised if Engel doesn't get the majority of starts in LF when he gets back.

Cease deserved a win today, couldn't ask for much more from him.  

If "ring rust" (to use a combat sports phrase) is gonna be a problem for Hendriks, TLR needs to get him work more often than once a week. 

Heuer can probably close in a pinch if Hendriks is unavailable

16 hours ago, wegner said:

I'd be surprised if Engel doesn't get the majority of starts in LF when he gets back.

With Engel back, I see the playing time getting split something like this:

CF 95% Robert, 5% Engel

RF 80% Eaton, 20% Engel

LF 60% Vaughn, 40% Engel

1B 95% Abreu, 5% Vaughn

DH 95% Mercedes, 5% Abreu

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

With Engel back, I see the playing time getting split something like this:

CF 95% Robert, 5% Engel

RF 80% Eaton, 20% Engel

LF 60% Vaughn, 40% Engel

1B 95% Abreu, 5% Vaughn

DH 95% Mercedes, 5% Abreu

Yeah definitely send Vaughn down to Triple A to work on LF (and getting another year of service) if this is the case. Especially if he is still struggling with the bat after a while.

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I kind of want Vaughn to get sent down, not necessarily for the year of control but just because of how ridiculous it is to send down a player with a .400 OBP

I love how that's lost in Vaughn's struggles to this point.

He has a fucking .400 OBP. Just let him get going.

43 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I kind of want Vaughn to get sent down, not necessarily for the year of control but just because of how ridiculous it is to send down a player with a .400 OBP

He ain't hitting though. He's been clogging the bases big time. 

• Haha 1