The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the great baseball mind of a Hall of Famer was just what this team needed. Sure the players should be held accountable for their poor play, but if I was watching this season without knowing who the manager was, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between Ventura, Renteria or Tony’s managerial choices. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I thought the great baseball mind of a Hall of Famer was just what this team needed. Sure the players should be held accountable for their poor play, but if I was watching this season without knowing who the manager was, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between Ventura, Renteria or Tony’s managerial choices. 

If you traded managers, not sure a White Sox team lea by A.J. Hinch would lose more than 1 or 2 of the 18 games vs. Detroit.

Ricky won the last 9 against Detroit, once he was given at least a half way decent team.

The number one improvement which needs to happen is to let relievers start a clean inning. Next is to stop with the veteran fetish and play Vaughn regularly over this waiver wire garbage toys Tony acquired.

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If you traded managers, not sure a White Sox team lea by A.J. Hinch would lose more than 1 or 2 of the 18 games vs. Detroit.

Ricky won the last 9 against Detroit, once he was given at least a half way decent team.

The number one improvement which needs to happen is to let relievers start a clean inning. Next is to stop with the veteran fetish and play Vaughn regularly over this waiver wire garbage toys Tony acquired.

It was 18-2 or 16-4 combined against the Tigers and Royals last year?

Something like that.

Definitely not going to compile that record this year...especially against the Royals.

17 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Honestly, SHAME on the Sox reporters for not pressing this harder. Down 5-2 in the 8th inning and you're looking for a single in that situation? 

What are we doing here? 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Honestly, SHAME on the Sox reporters for not pressing this harder. Down 5-2 in the 8th inning and you're looking for a single in that situation? 

What are we doing here? 

Don’t you think a big problem is Tony actually thinks Hamilton and Garcia are good players?  It’s obvious to everyone he’s not high on Vaughn or Collins at the plate.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Don’t you think a big problem is Tony actually thinks Hamilton and Garcia are good players?  It’s obvious to everyone he’s not high on Vaughn or Collins at the plate.

I don't really care what he thinks or what the reason is......whatever reason he's doing it, it's wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don't really care what he thinks or what the reason is......whatever reason he's doing it, it's wrong. 

I think he's confusing Hamilton being a veteran, NL player with somehow being good.

Collins, that's another issue altogether.  Like the "bias" against Vaughn or younger players that haven't earned their stripes thing that we also saw with Ozzie over guys like Anderson, Beckham and Viciedo.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Sure but still had a 2-1 lead in the 7th with a fresh bullpen and inexcusably left Giolito in to die.

Seriously. We just had three days off in 6 days.  We play 6 games, have a day off then play 2 games then another day off. Plenty of time off, no excuse to extend your pitcher like that who was clearly running out of gas. And even after the home run, HE WAS STILL IN THE GAME!!!