Cubs/Marquee Network/MLB.TV

jasonxctf

Hi. Trying to help my brother-in-law cut the cord from AT&T UVerse. They are killing him on the cost of TV. I recently switched to YouTube TV, which I like. He's a Cubs fan as is my little nephew. They'd like to keep watching Cubs games. None of the streaming services offer the Marquee Network. If they subscribe to MLB.TV app/network, can they catch the Cubs games on the Visitors Team's Channels or are those also blocked? Any work around to trying to watch Cubs games here in Chicagoland without having to use AT&T or Comcast?

25 minutes ago, jasonxctf said:

Hi. Trying to help my brother-in-law cut the cord from AT&T UVerse. They are killing him on the cost of TV. I recently switched to YouTube TV, which I like. He's a Cubs fan as is my little nephew. They'd like to keep watching Cubs games. None of the streaming services offer the Marquee Network. If they subscribe to MLB.TV app/network, can they catch the Cubs games on the Visitors Team's Channels or are those also blocked? Any work around to trying to watch Cubs games here in Chicagoland without having to use AT&T or Comcast?

I'm gonna guess no. When I lived in Missouri, I couldn't watch the Sox on MLB.TV when they played the Royals or Cardinals and same in NY when they play the Yankees/Mets.

It appears AT&T is the only way to get Marquee if you don't have cable:

https://www.marqueesportsnetwork.com/faqs/

Marquee Sports Network is available on more than 50 cable providers in portions of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin, as well as on the streaming platform AT&T TV for those consumers without traditional cable

20 hours ago, jasonxctf said:

If they live in the Chicago area, they won't be able to watch any Cubs games on mlb.tv, home or away.

The Cubs really screwed up in launching their own channel. They've run out of countdown shows of the 20 best whatever. I think this afternoon they are counting down the 20 best countdown shows.