Expos May Move to DC

Chisoxfn

It looks like Daniel Snyder, owner of the Redskins, and Bob Johnson(I may of botched his name) new owner of the Charlotte Hornets franchise (Well, I doubt they'll calm them the Hornets) are going to team up and try to buy the Expos and bring them to Washington DC.

To me this would make a lot of sense, if they are actually going to go 50/50.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

It looks like Daniel Snyder, owner of the Redskins, and Bob Johnson(I may of botched his name) new owner of the Charlotte Hornets franchise (Well, I doubt they'll calm them the Hornets) are going to team up and try to buy the Expos and bring them to Washington DC.

To me this would make a lot of sense, if they are actually going to go 50/50.

it would be a good move for them

I think DC could support a team if it were to compete. I know Angelos (Orioles Owner) has always said he is against it, but DC and Baltimore are a bit more then 15 minutes away. Its probably a 2 to 2 and a half hour drive during rush hour.

The Angels are just an hour from both the Dodgers and Padres.

I'd feel bad for any community that loses a franchise and the Expos took a bigger hit with the 1994 lock out than we did.

That said, if the Expos do move, it shouldn't be to DC. They have already lost 2 teams.

If they do move, and again, I'd feel badly for the Montreal fans since I know how I'd feel if we lost our Sox, I think it would be a lot of fun to see them in Puerto Rico full time if they have to move at all.