4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

soxfan49

1 minute ago, shago said:

What happens if AJP is coming into Ohtani standing on the plate ........ ?

Ohtani wasn’t standing on the plate. He drifted into it while jumping. Abreu had a clean plate when he started sliding, Ohtani drifted in.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

asleep at the wheel.  everybody and their brother knew Ohtani had lost it.

What are you talking about? He struck your batter out. Maddon made the right call.

This is 100% on Stassi.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

BTW why is Leury (the bench player) getting so much shit for his outs while Moncada (the future superstar supposedly) seemingly getting a free pass?

I'm pretty sure no one, or very few folks, are giving Moncada a pass for his start to the 2021 season. He is a disaster at the plate right now, and many have said the same.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

It should be a requirement that all baseball fans collect baseball cards at least as a child growing up, if for no other purpose than to illustrate how many great players have subpar to downright shitty numbers their first couple of years in the league.

I don't think Rome was built in like 2 half-seasons worth of building either.  

21 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

It many times takes that kind of time.

People don't seem to know that anymore. 

This is Cease's third year. He has 26 starts over the previous two. He shouldn't be a finished product by now,  no one is saying that, and I agree it is way too early to give up on him.

But it isn't too early to worry! And it is absolutely worrisome that Cease seems to be the exact same pitcher he was when he got to the MLB two years ago. 

And furthermore its absolutely fair to complain in a gamethread when for the 25th time we are subjected to a Cease that is completely uncompetitive on 1 out of 3 pitches and isn't generating anywhere close to the swings and misses or weak contact that it seems his stuff should be getting.