4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

The braves scored 3 runs this series against the Phillies. If you think the braves suck you are not a smart baseball fan. My point here is if you want to base your opinion on a team...maybe give them a month, not a series.

They lose Ozuna for possibly the season?  Is Swanson possibly going to the DL?

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Abreu is clearly pressing now without any protection from Moncada and Grandal.

Moncada has to get this head out of his ass.  Is he a good hitter or is he just a bad hitter who had a single good season.  The anomaly.  

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

The braves scored 3 runs this series against the Phillies. If you think the braves suck you are not a smart baseball fan. My point here is if you want to base your opinion on a team...maybe give them a month, not a series.

It’s the All-Star game controversy jinx...already have a cousin in Alabama referring to it as the start of another Civil War, lol.

Also love the fact that A-Rod thinks playing it in Texas would be wise to have everyone jammed together in a covered facility in the July heat though.

Just now, fathom said:

Here’s the issue...if Yoan isn’t an impact hitter, who is going to bat 4th to give Jose any protection?  If you asked me who the two hitters we could least afford to get hurt, it would be Timmy and Eloy

This is fair - That said - I’m not ready to write off Robert, Vaughn and others who could provide protection. I do agree - I think Robert and Moncada are keys to offense - if they hit 280ish...this offense will be real good. 

I say that cause I know they will hit for power etc. If they both hit .240 - this is going to be an offense that no shows on a lot of nights. 

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Moncada has to get this head out of his ass.  Is he a good hitter or is he just a bad hitter who had a single good season.  The anomaly.  

I said it earlier, but this season is over before it started if Yoan has a repeat of 2020.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is fair - That said - I’m not ready to write off Robert, Vaughn and others who could provide protection. I do agree - I think Robert and Moncada are keys to offense - if they hit 280ish...this offense will be real good. 

I say that cause I know they will hit for power etc. If they both hit .240 - this is going to be an offense that no shows on a lot of nights. 

I have no idea how Robert will be able to hit .280 or so without making some huge adjustments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

I think Moncada will be fine as he frequently has bad stretches like this, but when he goes cold so does the offense now without Eloy.

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I will say this - I think the angels are a playoff team if their pitching can hold up. That lineup is deep and talented and their bullpen looks to be pretty good too. 

I have them in a division winner parlay I bet on like 2 months ago so I hope so lol

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I will say this - I think the angels are a playoff team if their pitching can hold up. That lineup is deep and talented and their bullpen looks to be pretty good too. 

They need help, but thankfully for them, their owner will spend all day and lots of teams around the deadline will still be crying poor, looking for some dashing old man to come riding in a green stallion looking to wash all of their bad contract dreams away.  And what I'm referring to here is basically, they'll get a few pieces of help for nothing by taking on a few million dollars while other teams like ours will still be crying poor, and doing things like trading INTL money to get out of buyouts, that sort of thing.

13 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Seriously I'm sure you're a nice guy.  That said can you please just leave we don't care.  

Relax.  Dude was respectful.  There's at least 20 regulars on here that would make the board better if they left.  No need to displace your anger away from reinsdorf, la russa, and how shitty they played this series as a team.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I have no idea how Robert will be able to hit .280 or so without making some huge adjustments. 

I think he is capable - I don’t think it takes a lot - but whether he actually makes it - I don’t know.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He’s played 60 total games, I get he’s looked ugly, but the kid will likely adjust.  It’s just going to take some time.  Unfortunately, that puts even more pressure on Jose & Yoan to mash.

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

That's a lot to ask of vaughn, but I sure hope he can make that leap this early on.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s played 60 total games, I get he’s looked ugly, but the kid will likely adjust.  It’s just going to take some time.  Unfortunately, that puts even more pressure on Jose & Yoan to mash.

Yeah I’m not saying he won’t ever do it, but it’s easily his worst tool at the moment. I do wish he would continue to be aggressive on the bases, as he passed up two chances this series to steal.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is starting to feel more like a development year than a contending year. We have Madrigal, Collins, Robert, Cease, all developing to major league talent. 3 of those names are supposed to be major contributors to the team's success. They better figure it out like by July, or this season is a wash. That said it's still SUPER early, but early signs aren't great, at all. There is a lot of work that needs to be done. 

Even Moncada looks like he needs to relearn how to compete at the major league level.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I’ll be fair/objective and assert we should be 3-1.

That said, we are just not a very good team without Jimenez/Anderson and with a manager the game has passed by.

It’s pretty sad that this is what we waited five years for.

I would love to think that Hahn/KW would be gone if they miss the playoffs, but we know that will never happen with JR at the helm.

The Yermin Mercedes excitement lasted all of two games.

Last statement very odd. He's only played 3 games and set some team records in the process and broke 1 modern era MLB record. Can't get excited over those things for long when you lose. Maybe that was your point.