4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

BTW why is Leury (the bench player) getting so much shit for his outs while Moncada (the future superstar supposedly) seemingly getting a free pass?

Is this a real question?  And who is giving Yoan a pass, he’s looked like garbage so far this year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Ohtani wasn’t standing on the plate. He drifted into it while jumping. Abreu had a clean plate when he started sliding, Ohtani drifted in.

OK, fine, what happens if AJP coming in to Ohtani 'drifting over the plate'?

18 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Sox say hamstring tightness for TA

ESPN says it's a strain

Isn't a strain a small tear?

Technically a strain is an injury to the muscle.  They can have grades from 1 to 3. 1 is a small tear similar to Engel 2-4 weeks. Tightness can be just a little cramp type injury and very mild.

• Like 2

Just now, ptatc said:

Technically a strain is an injury to the muscle.  They can have grades from 1 to 3. 1 is a small tear similar to Engel 2-4 weeks. Tightness can be just a little cramp type injury and very mild.

And they wouldn’t know what level it is already

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

This is Cease's third year. He has 26 starts over the previous two. He shouldn't be a finished product by now,  no one is saying that, and I agree it is way too early to give up on him.

But it isn't too early to worry! And it is absolutely worrisome that Cease seems to be the exact same pitcher he was when he got to the MLB two years ago. 

And furthermore its absolutely fair to complain in a gamethread when for the 25th time we are subjected to a Cease that is completely uncompetitive on 1 out of 3 pitches and isn't generating anywhere close to the swings and misses or weak contact that it seems his stuff should be getting. 

True but in light of having a new, hyped pitching coach, we should expect an immediate turnaround.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is this a real question?  And who is giving Yoan a pass, he’s looked like garbage so far this year?

It just seems like every time Leury comes to bat there are like 400 people talking shit about him, but then Moncada gets a few words and that's it.  I dunno, maybe I'm missing it.

Just now, fathom said:

And they wouldn’t know what level it is already

Not necessarily.  Muscles are more sore the next day.  So unless it's severe with bleeding or bruising they will have a better idea tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Cease gives you perhaps his 2 best at bats of the game and you pull him before he has a chance at a win if a run scores?

Walsh is a lefty so it makes some sense

Edited by Chris Sale

Just now, YourWhatHurts said:

It just seems like every time Leury comes to bat there are like 400 people talking shit about him, but then Moncada gets a few words and that's it.  I dunno, maybe I'm missing it.

Are we really comparing Leury to Yoan??

• Like 1