Chill out guys

Dominikk85

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

We need more from Yoan.  Really rough serious from him.

We need Madrigal to play better defense.  He cost us 1 game, and there was a play last night a good 2B should have made.

We need Jose to stop trying to do too much.  Two pretty horrible Ks yesterday when the team really needed him.

We need to someone (hopefully Vaughn) to grab the LF position by the balls and make it theirs.  BIlly Hamilton has been solid so far, but he should be nothing more than pinch runner / late defensive replacement on this team.  

Lastly, we need Tim to not be seriously hurt.

Tough 1st series.  Need to get at 2/3 from the M's.    

Can we be done with Moncada at cleanup? He is historically best in the 2 hole and him striking out nonstop behind abreu is providing no protection. Put him back at 2 to get him going and protect Abreu with Yaz since he at least offers some threat at cleanup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

How is this thread any different than what VAfan posted? Do we really need two threads telling White Sox fans not be upset with a 1-3 start? 

I actually think we may need a third thread:  “stop freaking out about the freaking out” or some such.

Kidding of course, but the idea that we shouldn’t draw broad conclusions based upon a four-game sample (where we could easily have gone 3-1 despite the same problems) is so obvious it should be left unsaid. People are spending too much time in game threads and/or taking them too seriously.  

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tony said:

How is this thread any different than what VAfan posted? Do we really need two threads telling White Sox fans not be upset with a 1-3 start? 

The game day threads were pretty bad when scrolling to get past members attacking each other.   I don't remember it being that bad.

It's 4 games, I get that and most others do too.  What does make me a bit nervous is everything I was worried about coming into the season has already kind of showed through.  This offense might be very average against right handed pitching, Cease might still not be very good, Tony might be stuck in 1995 and this team has 0 depth anywhere besides the bullpen where apparently Ruiz is going to pitch in the 9th inning.  Like I said, I'm not freaking out, it's ridiculously early in a very long season but there are worries with this team.

Edited by Rowand44
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, reiks12 said:

and? they still make the playoffs. I dont care what their playoff record is, they get there. Consistently. We only did that once in the last 13 years, and that was thanks to an expanded playoff format. Until this team stops embarrassing itself on the field and in the front office I will have little faith in their ability to even make it there.

You are the 4th or 5th poster who has made this claim in the past few days. The Sox WOULD have made the playoffs last year as a Wildcard team under the regular postseason format. The expanded playoffs HAD NO BEARING on whether or not the Sox made the playoffs.