4-5 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

Yeah, hoping for Rodon to be this team's losing streak stopper is like asking ME to try to stop Gronkowski from going across the middle.

That said, I won't be able to stay up late enough to watch this, so I'll hope for good news in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Yeah, hoping for Rodon to be this team's losing streak stopper is like asking ME to try to stop Gronkowski from going across the middle.

That said, I won't be able to stay up late enough to watch this, so I'll hope for good news in the morning.

Bro did you watch any of spring training? Rodon was dealing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Bro did you watch any of spring training? Rodon was dealing. 

I did. But I also put more credence into the 5+ seasons of mediocrity and injury we've been treated to by Carlos Rodon, than anything anyone does in spring training.

While "hope is not a plan," I'll hope for Carlos Rodon to throw enough strikes to get through 5+ IP, to give the bullpen a chance, in order to give this team a chance to win. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It's about what we saw, not the results

I saw Brian Anderson look like a god of hitting every Arizona spring training.  Then the minute we go North and the curveball starts doing curveball things he was meat. Spring training is an illusion.

Edited by southsideirish71

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

I saw Brian Anderson look like a god of hitting every Arizona spring training.  Then the minute we go North and the curveball starts doing curveball things he was meat. Spring training is an illusion.

So you're saying that Rodon's slider is going to be even better than what we saw in Arizona? That'll work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Rodon was hitting 98, his breaking stuff looked good, and he had good control. I've got an eye for this stuff. Trust me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

So you're saying that Rodon's slider is going to be even better than what we saw in Arizona? That'll work.

I think Rodon is going to be good.  The only question with him is staying healthy and throwing strikes.  If he does both of those and he will be fine.

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

I think Rodon is going to be good.  The only question with him is staying healthy and throwing strikes.  He does both of those and he is fine.

Thats 90% of all MLB pitchers.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It's about what we saw, not the results

What is saw is a result of spring training. Not simply statistical results. Things change when the real season start and pressure is added. Things also change when teams are studying you and trying their best to beat you. 

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

What is saw is a result of spring training. Not simply statistical results. Things change when the real season start and pressure is added. Things also change when teams are studying you and trying their best to beat you. 

Dylan Cease in ST had a K/9 of 11.6 and a K/BB of 3.14. Cease yesterday had a K/9 of 5.8 and a K/BB of 1. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Dylan Cease in ST had a K/9 of 11.6 and a K/BB of 3.14. Cease yesterday had a K/BB of 5.8 and a K/BB of 1. 

Wait, don't you mean a BB/9IP of 5.8, a K/9IP of 5.8, and a K/BB of 1?

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

WTH is with all these late night games to start the season? I love night games but all these 9pm starts... yeesh. I'm not gonna be sleep deprived at work for the third time just to watch them lose again, lol.

23 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

WTH is with all these late night games to start the season? I love night games but all these 9pm starts... yeesh. I'm not gonna be sleep deprived at work for the third time just to watch them lose again, lol.

Yeah, its rough.  I mean the reason is obvious - they're playing on the west coast.  But these 910pm starts the next two nights are gonna make for a rough Tuesday and Wednesday.

29 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

I really hope Billy Hamilton isn't in the starting lineup again.

TLR has already said Vaughn and Yemin are playing the next two days.  So I would assume that means Vaughn is in LF next two days unless Yermin is catching one of those days.  

• Like 2

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic