4-5 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

@CaliSoxFanViaSWside @Squirmin' for Yermin and me were lobbying for him to get ABs in 2019 when we were parading out garbage like Yonder, Matt Skole, Palka, AJ Reed, etc. It's such a joke he didn't get burn then or in 2020.

The same scouts watching AJ Reed in the minors were also watching Yermin, and all of them were reporting to Hahn.  Ditto for the rest of that group.  And don't forget Delmonico.  We have some problems.

Edited by YourWhatHurts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chw42 said:

I'll reserve judgement on Vaughn for now. I feel like he's pressing a bit.

I mean he’s clearly better than this, you can see this is a well built swing, but he is totally outmatched by what he’s seeing right now.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

he's just a good hitter, some guys just don't overthink their at bats

Vaughn is the complete opposite so far

He is definitely up there trying not to fail.  He is jumping on the first pitch and is just off of it by a bit.   The minute he goes down a strike, its over.  Maybe getting the first base knock will fix this.  But he is way off right now. 

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

The same scouts watching AJ Reed in the minors were also watching Yermin, and all of them were reporting to Hahn.  Ditto for the rest of that group.  And don't forget Delmonico.  We have some problems.

This is a good point. It's astonishing to me, honestly. 

4 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Mercedes has been good, but Delmonico looked like guy for 5 games at one point. 

Edited by mqr

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think if you send him down he doesn't accrue service time right?

This, which is why I didn't understand the gnashing to start the year of keeping him up. Makes more sense for him to play at Charlotte once the AAA season begins, and he can play for a solid stretch. Can also play LF everyday if that's going to be a thing they will try beyond self induced WS emergencies.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic