4-5 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

It's nice to play SEA.  I wonder how many other AL teams have a real murders row offense.  Angels, Yankees, Twins, Jays, Astros, maybe A's if everybody gets back to normal?  Our SP probably isn't as bad as the Angels made it look but there's still a need for improvement.

Wonder if making a few plays in the outfield and "showing" that he can do that will relieve some of his pressure at the plate and loosen him up. Pressure to not fuck up in LF and pressure to get your your first hit, strung a little tight.

Hopefully this could help him relax and get into his game.

Posted put a laughing mark on my pregame post, not sure why.

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They have a solid shot at winning the next two, with Lucas on the bump tomorrow and LH starters the next two nights. Hopefully they got some sleep and are into the game from the start. Hopefully Moncada can break out of his funk to start the season.

I have a good feeling about Rodon tonight. Did they fly him to Seattle early? 

Just now, mqr said:

FWIW that first catch left me more ‘ehhhhh idk about this’ than it gave me confidence, but the second play looked natural

He definitely didn't look like a seasoned vet on that but unlike Eloy he had the wherewithal to check where the wall was and managed to 1) not kill himself and 2) actually catch the baseball.  He's definitely better than Eloy IMO.

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Rodon nice job in first Start.....take that from 5th starter all yr.

So you would accept a shut out since it's the fifth starter. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic