4-5 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Kopech has to end up being stretched into a starter sooner vs later. If his arm holds up - he is so freaking special. 

Who leaves the rotation assuming Cease performs well enough for 5th starter role?  Kopech could be even more useful in the bullpen IMO if used properly, which so far I don't know if TLR is capable of.

Just now, 102605 said:

Who leaves the rotation assuming Cease performs well enough for 5th starter role?  Kopech could be even more useful in the bullpen IMO if used properly, which so far I don't know if TLR is capable of.

That's quite the assumption 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony may keep him in four so he gets the all important Save.

Tony doesn't care about statistics...Steve said so, or was it Jason?  I wasn't paying attention fully, trying to figure out Soxmath.

2 minutes ago, 102605 said:

I don’t really care - Kopech is a future copy young award winner. But I get it. And I don’t have an issue doing this for part of this year - because he is coming back from injury and an opt out - so managing his innings is key. But you can’t waste this type of arm in a pen. 

Edit: not trying to be sarcastic. Either way I suspect it will work itself out. Whether we like it or not - people are going to get hurt and or not perform. 

3 minutes ago, 102605 said:

• Giolito
  • Kopech
  • Cease
  • Rodon
  • Keuchel
Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

This velocity from Kopech is a bit concerning but his stuff still looks as outrageous as ever. 100 innings from Kopech out of the bullpen this year and he'll be the most valuable reliever in the game.

I’m not worried - The run on that heater was nice. My guess is he is just pitching (vs throwing). Maybe he still listening to some of Coop’s advice.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic