4-5 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

Just now, fathom said:

Is it broken or just never that good?  His arm strength is bad and he’s not very quick  to either side.  The errors are mistakes that happen, but it’s not like he’s making a lot of incredible plays.

I didn't regularly watch Madrigal play in college or in the minors, so I don't know. But you can find countless scouting reports on Madrigal from credible outlets (Future Sox, Fangraphs, Baseball America, BP, Keith Law etc) and I don't ever recall a single one of them suggesting he wouldn't be a good defensive second basemen. Of course scouting reports can be wrong, but throwing those out based off of ~33 games in the majors seems like a huge overreaction to me.

• Like 1

Prediction, other than Giolito starts, the average time of White Sox games will be approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes this season...and the bullpen will be destroyed/eviscerated/pick your adjective by mid-July.

Hope Burdi figures out things down in the minors, Burr, Stiever, Tyler Johnson, Cade McClure, etc.

Going to need Lopez (gasp) as well.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I didn't regularly watch Madrigal play in college or in the minors, so I don't know. But you can find countless scouting reports on Madrigal from credible outlets (Future Sox, Fangraphs, Baseball America, BP, Keith Law etc) and I don't ever recall a single one of them suggesting he wouldn't be a good defensive second basemen. Of course scouting reports can be wrong, but throwing those out based off of ~33 games in the majors seems like a huge overreaction to me.

I will go on the record and say all those guys were wrong.  Just watch him out there!  Fathom is spot on.

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I will go on the record and say all those guys were wrong.  Just watch him out there!  Fathom is spot on.

Agreed.  I don't care what any report said.  Just watch the guy play.  He is a clown.

• Love 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic