4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Child please. Madrigal has zero power, and when they squeeze his ass in the outfield, his slapped balls become outs. 

Eloy is not an outfielder, and pretending that he is lead to what has happened the past two years.

Kelenic plays RF and CF. Not only was he a much better hitter, and fielder, but he also fit a need the Sox have been scrambling to fill for years. Mazara, Eaton.

Lol...Madrigal batted .340 last year, but glad to hear you’ve written him off alongside Grandal & Keuchel.

Eloy was certainly still in the OF plans when we drafted Madrigal, but please use continue to use hindsight to prove your points.

And finally, are you actually suggesting the Sox should have drafted a HS outfielder from the Midwest to fill a near term major league need?  Even the biggest Kelenic fans never dreamed he’d be this good this fast.  Again, you continue operate in some sort of hindsight fantasyland.

• Like 2

Just now, Leonard Zelig said:

Holy shit, he really hasn’t done anything to relieve the hate he is getting. 

Well - he got hate last year and hit .340.  So the only way he doesn't get hate is if he hits .400 (I think).  But his fielding has been terrible this season - so that I agree with.  I think his bat will be fine - but no - he will probably never ever be a special player, but I certainly think he can be an above average 2nd baseman - that just isn't all that crazy valuable. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Well - he got hate last year and hit .340.  So the only way he doesn't get hate is if he hits .400 (I think).  But his fielding has been terrible this season - so that I agree with.  I think his bat will be fine - but no - he will probably never ever be a special player, but I certainly think he can be an above average 2nd baseman - that just isn't all that crazy valuable. 

his fielding was horse shit last year too.

4 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

I'm a serious fan and I love Benetti. I do not miss temper tantrum's and Stone being force to do play by play because Hawk refuses to talk.

I totally get it, but when he does talk he is confident and knows baseball. Jason has a good voice and seems like a good guy but he is quickly becoming insufferable. 

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

I don't disagree with that - I'm just saying people ripped his last season when yes, his defense wasn't great, but he hit .340.  .340.  

They ripped it because he hit .340 and still wasn’t very valuable and cost us horribly in the postseason.