4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

Just now, Tony said:

On paper.

On the field says something very different. They aren't a good team right now, sorry if you disagree. 

I do.  I don't judge the team on a 5 game sample size - I judge it based upon the talent and capability to win. Baseball is 162 - the overreaction is terrible.  They blew some games and played horrible ball to the Angels - who are 4-3 and don't look that bad. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He was awful the other night as well.  There’s a reason no one thinks he can be a catcher, and it’s because he’s so incredibly stiff back there.

He was awful?  I guess I wasn’t paying close enough attention, because I don’t remember that many bad things that happened with him behind the plate.  Meanwhile, I can recall everyone of Madrigal’s fuckups.  And I’m not suggesting Zack will ever be a good defensive catcher, but this board loves jumping on a single bad moment from any catcher not named James McCann and scream they are the worst catcher in baseball.

Just now, fathom said:

I don’t know how long you can keep sacrificing defense out there. We knew it was a matter of time before Vaughn’s lack of speed would cost the Sox.  

It's one thing if he's hitting, but he's not.

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

This velocity is fucked

Or the gun is off.  The velocity for the righties yesterday was a couple MPH low. Kopech looked harder than the 94-96 he was throwing.  Maybe gun is picking up lefties a bit more than the righties?  It happens sometimes.  

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

He was awful?  I guess I wasn’t paying close enough attention, because I don’t remember that many bad things that happened with him behind the plate.  Meanwhile, I can recall everyone of Madrigal’s fuckups.  And I’m not suggesting Zack will ever be a good defensive catcher, but this board loves jumping on a single bad moment from any catcher not named James McCann and scream they are the worst catcher in baseball.

Meanwhile mccann had another ball get away to score a run today. Agree with you 100%. He's been fine, 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean he got a double play ball, a soft fly ball to left and a K.  A slow dribbler led off the inning.  Is what it is.  Score some more runs.

Soft fly ball to left? You are drinking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t know how long you can keep sacrificing defense out there. We knew it was a matter of time before Vaughn’s lack of speed would cost the Sox.  

Is this a challenge?