4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

No - I don't think 2021 has even been bad.  Pretty decent shot they will be .500 by end of the night.  You all are overreacting by a few of the Sox relievers blowing leads and pourous defense.  There is plenty of positives from this season too - including Kopech, Rodon, Crochet, Yermin, Collins, etc.  And while there are negatives - I'm not giong to assume Abreu will suck (not after 5 games)...and I always think Robert has the talent to be a star (regarless of being messed up)....Vaughn - same thing, yeah he's not good now...but that has no bearing on whether he'll be real good in the long run...potentially good even this year.  

Being the worst defensive team in baseball is concerning and if they're anywhere near this bad it's going to be a huge impediment on their goals

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t know how long you can keep sacrificing defense out there. We knew it was a matter of time before Vaughn’s lack of speed would cost the Sox.  

What’s the alternative?  Sacrifice offense for Leury or god forbid Hamilton’s defense?  Vaughn is going to hit at some point and will add much needed OBP to an offense that can get very undisciplined at times.  Zero reason to stop the experiment because of one ball that was barely out of his grasp three games into his OF career.

• Like 1