4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What do you make of all of the dropsies in the outfield - Eaton, Robert and Vaughn - at the start of the season?

Robert is a superstar CF'er.  I'd rather judge him on what I've seen from him the majority of the time vs. one massively comical and terrible folly.  Vaughn - what do you all expect. Dude has never played the OF. It will clearly be an adventure there - that is why they will need to put in defensive replacements, etc.  Clearly if Vaughn can't hit (and I'm not coming to that conclusion from the 3-4 games he's played) than they have to rethink things (and at some point you can trade for players too).  It isn't like Eloy was good either.

Eaton isn't that good - he's meh...but the other end of that platoon is Engel who is a phenomenal defender...so you are going to have 2 really good defenders more often than not in that OF.  You also have a 3B/SS who have a ton of range - which helps cover a bit for Vaughn too. Nothing wrong with Grandal/Abreu.  

• Like 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He hasn't had his fastball command in either start to begin the season, it's what has killed him. He's at least thrown some good sliders tonight which he didn't have in the first start .

His velocity is way down too. It's concerning. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Notice the Yankees are spending more money adding Odor very quickly this season...not sure how much $$$ the Rangers are sending with him.

The reports said the Rangers are sending a lot of money.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He hasn't had his fastball command in either start to begin the season, it's what has killed him. He's at least thrown some good sliders tonight which he didn't have in the first start .

And you see the opposition just sit on his change up then and have better at bats.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Robert is a superstar CF'er.  I'd rather judge him on what I've seen from him the majority of the time vs. one massively comical and terrible folly.  Vaughn - what do you all expect. Dude has never played the OF. It will clearly be an adventure there - that is why they will need to put in defensive replacements, etc.  Clearly if Vaughn can't hit (and I'm not coming to that conclusion from the 3-4 games he's played) than they have to rethink things (and at some point you can trade for players too).  It isn't like Eloy was good either.

Eaton isn't that good - he's meh...but the other end of that platoon is Engel who is a phenomenal defender...so you are going to have 2 really good defenders more often than not in that OF.  You also have a 3B/SS who have a ton of range - which helps cover a bit for Vaughn too. Nothing wrong with Grandal/Abreu.  

With Madrigal, it has to be mental/psychological at this point.  He's nothing like the player he was his last two seasons at OSU.