4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

His velocity is way down too. It's concerning. 

Not gonna troll me with this ron lol

He has had nearly 10 starts past two years at this same avg fastball velo

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=4/6/2021&gamePk=634609&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=pitchVelocity#634609

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Nick Madrigal can absolutely stay this bad.

Andrew Vaughn will get better. I don’t know how soon. Might take a long time, he never played in the minors so we really don’t have context for this.

I see no reason why Madrigal can stay this bad - unless he literally is a 2nd coming of Chuck Knoblach/Steve Sax. Yeah - it happens - but in the sample size of baseball players that is a massive rarity.  Robbie Alomar - no - he probably isn't that...but league average...I have a hard time with him not being that. I can't see him being a below average defensive player.  A meh defensive player - sure - I can buy that - he definitely has physical limitations...but so do a lot of 2nd baseman.  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Robert is a superstar CF'er.  I'd rather judge him on what I've seen from him the majority of the time vs. one massively comical and terrible folly.  Vaughn - what do you all expect. Dude has never played the OF. It will clearly be an adventure there - that is why they will need to put in defensive replacements, etc.  Clearly if Vaughn can't hit (and I'm not coming to that conclusion from the 3-4 games he's played) than they have to rethink things (and at some point you can trade for players too).  It isn't like Eloy was good either.

Eaton isn't that good - he's meh...but the other end of that platoon is Engel who is a phenomenal defender...so you are going to have 2 really good defenders more often than not in that OF.  You also have a 3B/SS who have a ton of range - which helps cover a bit for Vaughn too. Nothing wrong with Grandal/Abreu.  

Fair enough. I expect Eaton and Robert to make those plays and can’t expect much out of Vaughn, but he does look out of sorts and I wonder how often he will play there when Engel is back and they jettison Hamilton.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

With Madrigal, it has to be mental/psychological at this point.  He's nothing like the player he was his last two seasons at OSU.

The big league game is very different from the college game.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Notice the Yankees are spending more money adding Odor very quickly this season...not sure how much $$$ the Rangers are sending with him.

Who cares. Odor is fucking awful

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

With Madrigal, it has to be mental/psychological at this point.  He's nothing like the player he was his last two seasons at OSU.

This is what is baffling. He is fighting himself right now 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The reports said the Rangers are sending a lot of money.

Well, that means it's a trade the White Sox would typically consider making...saving money and sending prospects back the other way.   We'd probably send some international bonus money along to Texas again, too.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, 2Deep said:

This is what is baffling. He is fighting himself right now 

Young players especially with less than half a season under their belt in teams with high expectations tend to do that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Yeah please avoid throwing it to the jockey over at second.

There we go, I like it, I can call him a jockey without people feeling upset over making fun of his height.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nicky h8ers btfo

He finally did something good. It pays not to suck!

• Haha 1