4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, lostfan said:

I think better, but I don't know about pedestrian, I mean Paulie was no Frank Thomas but his career numbers are pretty damn respectable in their own right.

Abreus already been a better player he just doesn’t have the counting numbers 

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

I'll take a guy like marshall as our mop up / blowout guy over a lot of ppl though, I was never a believer in his stuff tbh

Who was that reliever we had 2-3 years ago that was really effective with his sinker/forkball but got hurt all the time?

Didn't throw that hard, but had a "heavy" ball...

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think the Jose Abreu from this Grantland article is probably somewhere between Paulie and Frank.

Sucks we missed out on it.

I remember reading this article when he was signed, that convinced me he was the real deal.

Also, damn, do I miss Grantland. That and the old Deadspin were my go-to sites for everything.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Abreus already been a better player he just doesn’t have the counting numbers 

I think he would have a shot at the hall if he started the majors at 21 instead of 27 (Paulie is just on the outside of a HOF resume)

51 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Madrigal defense hasn’t been impressive at all. Makes a lot careless mistakes with his footwork. Disappointing last year and currently with his defense when it was supposed to be a strength. 

I am beginning to get worried.. And I was a big supporter one week ago.