4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Username on MUScoop.  Marquette grad -----> Frequent Soxtalker -----> figured you'd also a frequent user of MUScoop (Marquette bball message board).   

Got it. I'm not on the message board. It's a good thought though. I'll look it up.

I was a student trainer for the team in awful Era of the transition from Marjerus to Dukiet. It was tough. 

Edited by ptatc

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Got it. I'm not on the message board. It's a good thought though. I'll look it up.

I was a student trainer for the team in awful Era of the transition from Marjerus to Dukiet. It was tough. 

Yeah.  I was 2012 grad.  So quite spoiled with VERY good basketball.

But yeah, Scoop is legit if you're into MU hoops.  

Just watched Mazara hit into a weak double play for the Tigers in a tie game, bottom of the 8th. As much as I'm pulling for them to beat the Twinkies for us, so glad he's gone. 

🔥 garbage.

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah.  I was 2012 grad.  So quite spoiled with VERY good basketball.

But yeah, Scoop is legit if you're into MU hoops.  

Wow. 1989 for me. I'm old. I have a daughter doing a virtual graduation from college tomorrow. 

Edited by ptatc

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

No good seats available tonight for under 150 so I'll be slumming it here with you bums.  You're welcome.  Sox will be glad to have the roof overhead tmr, supposed to dip back down into the 40s.

So the game I saw in Anaheim - it was such a pleasant experience. Bought tickets for $30bucks (+$10M more in additional fees - those fees are ridiculous - as I bought from the box office).  Had the entire row to myself - which when you have a 5 and 7 year old who likes to stand up from time to time to stretch their legs and/or dance - its great. No one directly behind...no one directly in front....so I didn't have to tell my kids to sit down.  I could put my feet on the chairs and no one could sit in the wrong seats because every seat not available for sale was zip tied.  

So you could pick an open section of 4 seats but not skirt the social distancing rules in place.  I honestly would have paid double for the experience...mainly cause I am one of those people who hates crowds.  The food at the concessions was awful - but that is an Angel stadium issue.  Ordering from my phone and just walking up to pick up the food - that was pleasant and made the concession line move 2 to 3 times faster.  

Other than the Sox blowing it in the 8th - was a truly pleasant experience and I can't comment for other teams - but in general felt fairly safe and it was so freaking nice to watch a ball game.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

So the game I saw in Anaheim - it was such a pleasant experience. Bought tickets for $30bucks (+$10M more in additional fees - those fees are ridiculous - as I bought from the box office).  Had the entire row to myself - which when you have a 5 and 7 year old who likes to stand up from time to time to stretch their legs and/or dance - its great. No one directly behind...no one directly in front....so I didn't have to tell my kids to sit down.  I could put my feet on the chairs and no one could sit in the wrong seats because every seat not available for sale was zip tied.  

So you could pick an open section of 4 seats but not skirt the social distancing rules in place.  I honestly would have paid double for the experience...mainly cause I am one of those people who hates crowds.  The food at the concessions was awful - but that is an Angel stadium issue.  Ordering from my phone and just walking up to pick up the food - that was pleasant and made the concession line move 2 to 3 times faster.  

Other than the Sox blowing it in the 8th - was a truly pleasant experience and I can't comment for other teams - but in general felt fairly safe and it was so freaking nice to watch a ball game.  

Good job creating more Sox fans!  Glad you and your kids had a good time.  I'll never forget as a kid my mom asked my dad who the statue was in CF, at Old Comiskey it was the One Dog Lance Johnson's skinny ass.

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

No good seats available tonight for under 150 so I'll be slumming it here with you bums.  You're welcome.  Sox will be glad to have the roof overhead tmr, supposed to dip back down into the 40s.

I'm seeing tickets for cheap on stubhub. Even if they're not the best seats, would still be nice to go and get to a game considering you weren't able to go last year.

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I'm seeing tickets for cheap on stubhub. Even if they're not the best seats, would still be nice to go and get to a game considering you weren't able to go last year.

Yea cheapest I saw was 90 after taxes (45 each basically) and my buddy didn't want to sit bleachers at that price, can't blame him.  I might try and go tmr.  Got the Bulls game too to watch so gonna be dueling monitors tonight. Go Sox!

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea cheapest I saw was 90 after taxes (45 each basically) and my buddy didn't want to sit bleachers at that price, can't blame him.  I might try and go tmr.  Got the Bulls game too to watch so gonna be dueling monitors tonight. Go Sox!

At least Mariners let you buy in sets of 2.  For Angels - you were forced either 4 or 5 tickets (depending on the section).  So for us - it was my kids plus my vaccinated dad.  Figured that was a win win - my wife got a break - and kids got quality time in with grandpa for first time in a while.  

On your other point - I do admit - part of me feels bad for at least establishing my favorite teams to my kids.  I kind of think- wouldn't they be better off being a fan of the Dodgers/Lakers haha.  

I don't mind giving Grandal a lot of days off.  In fact, I am liking that TLR is using the whole roster and keeping guys on their toes about keeping their spots early.  One thing I couldn't stand about Ventura and Rickie is that (imo of course) they didn't foster enough sense of competition intra-season.