4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don’t know how long you can keep sacrificing defense out there. We knew it was a matter of time before Vaughn’s lack of speed would cost the Sox.  

Well yeah, I mean didn’t we all know he would cost them runs in the OF?  The belief was his bat would make it worth it, but that obviously hasn’t been the case yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I do.  I don't judge the team on a 5 game sample size - I judge it based upon the talent and capability to win. Baseball is 162 - the overreaction is terrible.  They blew some games and played horrible ball to the Angels - who are 4-3 and don't look that bad. 

So you are judging this team on paper. Fine. You have that right. 

I'm judging them on what I see in 2021. It's bad. 

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I do.  I don't judge the team on a 5 game sample size - I judge it based upon the talent and capability to win. Baseball is 162 - the overreaction is terrible.  They blew some games and played horrible ball to the Angels - who are 4-3 and don't look that bad. 

Great post.  I’m as frustrated as anyone right now and have real concerns about this roster, but the hot takes here are starting to reach insane levels.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

So you are judging this team on paper. Fine. You have that right. 

I'm judging them on what I see in 2021. It's bad. 

No - I don't think 2021 has even been bad.  Pretty decent shot they will be .500 by end of the night.  You all are overreacting by a few of the Sox relievers blowing leads and pourous defense.  There is plenty of positives from this season too - including Kopech, Rodon, Crochet, Yermin, Collins, etc.  And while there are negatives - I'm not giong to assume Abreu will suck (not after 5 games)...and I always think Robert has the talent to be a star (regarless of being messed up)....Vaughn - same thing, yeah he's not good now...but that has no bearing on whether he'll be real good in the long run...potentially good even this year.  

Note: Vaughn just stroked that - had a good take earlier and did exactly what you should on that double.